Robert Bush noon, Sept. 25
Clay's, on the top floor of the Hotel La Jolla, is no more. The hotel has been sold, and the new owners plan to move the restaurant — now renamed the Grill at Hotel La Jolla — down to the ground floor in a few months (turning its current scenic site into luxury suites). The menu still has a few Clay's holdovers, but the thrust is no longer fine dining so much as California/American comfort food. Chef Clay Bordan left the building about two-and-a-half weeks ago.
More like this:
- Brunch at CUSP in the Hotel La Jolla — Sept. 11, 2012
- Hotel La Jolla Renovation Includes Addition of Cusp Dining & Drinks — May 17, 2012
- No "Mike's La Jolla," just Panaderia — May 26, 2011
- GRRReat New Book: World W/O Fish 4/29 meet — April 19, 2011
- The Gift of Deliciousness — July 26, 2007