Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
Clay's, on the top floor of the Hotel La Jolla, is no more. The hotel has been sold, and the new owners plan to move the restaurant — now renamed the Grill at Hotel La Jolla — down to the ground floor in a few months (turning its current scenic site into luxury suites). The menu still has a few Clay's holdovers, but the thrust is no longer fine dining so much as California/American comfort food. Chef Clay Bordan left the building about two-and-a-half weeks ago.
More like this:
- Brunch at CUSP in the Hotel La Jolla — Sept. 11, 2012
- Hotel La Jolla Renovation Includes Addition of Cusp Dining & Drinks — May 17, 2012
- Se No More — Oct. 3, 2011
- More Gluten-Free Restaurants — June 28, 2011
- No "Mike's La Jolla," just Panaderia — May 26, 2011