Marty Graham 4:30 p.m., Feb. 24
Mountain Brew, BBQ
If you’re a fan of Bad Boy, Duet, Odin’s Raven, or my other absolute fave, Irish Red (and, clue, we’re not talking racehorses here) you’ll know I’ve been up to Alpine and Pat McIlenney’s Alpine Beer Company brewery/pub (2363 Alpine Boulevard).
This guy’s a retired fireman-turned-world-class-brewer. But the surprise is he and his family also turn out some pretty durned good BBQ-style chow as well, mostly in the seven-, eight-buck range.
Their Memphis-style pulled pork is a sweet treat, specially if you combine it with an Odin’s Raven beer. But Raven’s 11 percent. You’ll need a designated driver for this one.
Then there’s la belle Danielle, the gal with the encyclopedic beer knowledge…more in Tin Fork, next two weeks.
Pictured: Danielle; pulled pork sandwich
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Part 6: Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) — Dec. 8, 2011
- The Title or Trailer Game 2: The New Batch — Nov. 7, 2011
- Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood — Sept. 2, 2011
- Food Truck Field Report #2: Poway? No Way! — June 18, 2011