Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., March 10
CU Chain Restaurant Ratings — Locals Win Some
Consumer's Union surveyed nearly 37,000 readers about their preferneces in chain restaurants. A lot of the results were refreshing, or I guess a relief. Bottom of the heap was Mickey D's. Yes, yes, yes! I ate one of the burgers about six years ago and couldn't believe how bad it was — cardboard and sawdust. This gives me some hope for America.
The winner for burgers was In-N-Out Burger...little surprise there. The runners-up aren't available here. Do we have Fuddruckers, White Castle, Hardee's, and Sonic? They all scored in the midde.
For Mexican, top choice was Chipotle Mexican Grill , closely followed by Rubio's.
The chicken winner was Chick-fil-A, followed closely by El Pollo Loco. KFC was at the bottom. Remaining categories were sandwiches/subs with nothing distinctly local among the choces, and pizza, where Round Table was a locally-available brand to make it near (but not at) the top.
More like this:
- Local California Restaurant Association Awards — July 8, 2011
- 2010 Restaurant Issue — Oct. 6, 2010
- Hot Time in Old Town's Cosmopolitan Restaurant and Hotel — Sept. 8, 2010
- Big Bird Comes to North Park — May 18, 2006
- Yankee Macaroni — Oct. 13, 2005