Dorian Hargrove 4:30 p.m., Dec. 2
New Deck In Town
Hiking down Little Italy yesterday (Thursday) past the new Davanti Enoteca (1655 India Street, Little Italy, 619-237-9606).
Recognize Tony, one of the crew here.
“What’s new?” I say.
“Our outside deck here,” he says. “This is our first day. We’re just opening. Come and be the very first customer. Make history!”
Man, I’m tempted. Sure they must have a happy-hour thing going. But pressed for time.
Surprised they have this up and running, actually. I know the city had Davanti Enoteca rip up the outside to make certain under-sidewalk pipes accessible.
So they did that, and now, really quickly, have built another deck. It looks ultra-chic. Varnished tables, really arty wrought iron. And the thing that’s kinda cool is it’s raised a little above the pavement, so you can get an elevated view of the passing parade.
New lettering above the deck. Sayings like, "Where there is no wine, there's no love"
One thing they’re still waiting for: final plank flooring. Right now, looks like, you’re walking on black-painted eight-by-ten ply.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Haji Baba New Years? — Dec. 30, 2011
- So Long, Solunto — Dec. 23, 2011
- Frank Zappa Would Have Been 71 Today - Viva La Bizarre! — Dec. 21, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011