Catherine Spearnak 5:30 p.m., May 5
Red Door's New Chef's Chef's Market Dinner, 9/16
The Red Door Restaurant & Wine Bar’s (741 W. Washington Street, 619-295-6000) upcoming Chef’s Market Dinner is Friday, September 16 at 5 pm. Guests will accompany executive chef Daniel Manrique to the Mission Hills Farmer’s Market to explore and relish the freshness of the food and shop for seasonal produce from local vendors.
He'll provide tips on how to choose the best seasonal produce and what to do with it. (He doesn't know yet what he'll find, but he's hoping for kumquats, pomegranates, and butter lettuce that week.) Following this sustainable-food field trip, chef Daniel will create a seasonal four-course meal (including optional wine pairings), showcasing the ingredients found that evening.
The dinner is $45 per person or $75 with wine pairings. Call the restaurant for reservations, details, andwhere to meet the foraging group.
More like this:
- Nine-Ten Is Off the Charts — Aug. 17, 2011
- The Red Door Gives Way to the Mission Hills Farmers Market — June 14, 2011
- Better Seating Now at Origano, etc. etc. — March 16, 2011
- Vegan Extravaganza at El Biz 7/16 — July 6, 2010
- TJ Crosses the Border — March 22, 2007