David Batterson 12:30 p.m., April 29
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: 30% of Tijuana Transportation Drivers have Diabetes; Possible Dangerous Current Warning for Tijuana
30% of Tijuana Transportation Drivers have Diabetes (Uniradio Informa, 1/21/13)
TIJUANA, BC – On Monday morning, more than 1,500 transportation workers in Rosarito, joined the Tijuanense Partnership Project, Promote B.C., reported Miguel Pérez, President of Promover A.C. "It's a collaboration agreement with Rosarito to provide drivers with health support", he said.
For its part, a spokesman for the Carriers Bureau of Rosarito, stated: "We signed an agreement with Miguel Pérez. It is a project aimed at supporting health and putting our drivers on the path of health. Today 1,500 drivers from Rosarito joined".
Gustavo López Flores, Deputy Medical Director of the Jurisdiction of Health Services, said that it is essential that drivers exercise. "Diabetes, hypertension, being overweight and obese is mainly from the many hours they spend working and they must devote time to leisure, have a healthy diet... with approximately 30% having diabetes mellitus and between 40 and 60% have hypertension, they should have their blood pressure checked every 4 months", he concluded. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo169977.html
Possible Dangerous Current Warning for Tijuana (Uniradio Informa, 1/21/13)
TIJUANA, BC - Beginning Monday afternoon there are predictions of possible dangerous currents, reported a statement by the Directorate of Civil Protection in Baja California. Authorities indicated that there will be a period of long swells, with waves that might be up to 7 feet tall, i.e. approximately 2.1 meters, and will reduce in intensity tomorrow.
The weather forecast for Tijuana: Monday, 21: Sunny day. Hot temperature. Maximum temperature of 23°C. Winds from the East at 5 to 15 km/h in the afternoon from the Northwest. Mostly clear overnight. Cold weather. Minimum temperature of 7°C. Eastern winds of 5 to 10 km/h. 31% relative humidity.
Tuesday 22: Sunny day. Hot temperatures. Maximum temperatures of 23°C. Winds from the Southeast at 5 to 15 km/h mph, then from the West. Mostly clear overnight. Cold weather. Minimum temperature of 7°C. Wind will be calm. 24% relative humidity.
Wednesday 23: Sunny day. Hot temperature. Maximum temperature of 23°C. Winds from the Northwest at 3 to 5 km/h. A mostly cloudy night. Cold weather. Minimum temperature of 8°C. Winds from the Northeast at 3 km/h. 33% relative humidity. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo169919.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Xolos visit General Hospital; USA Consulate in Tijuana closed for holiday; Collective marriage in Tijuana — Feb. 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Rosarito Police apprehend wanted American; Two die in BC from cold weather; Fundadores Hospital closed — Feb. 11, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Below Zero Temperatures Predicted; Corpses Found in Different Areas of Tijuana — Jan. 9, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Complaints Persist on International Migrants Day; Altiplano Families Must Walk in the Mud — Dec. 19, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Speed Limit Information Campaign Proposed; Sudden Temperature Changes are Recorded — Oct. 21, 2012