Matthew Lickona 12:30 p.m., May 6
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: PEP to Join Mixed Operations
PEP to Join Mixed Operations (El Vigia, 1/20/13 by Luis Miguel Ramirez)
Ensenada, BC - The Governor of the State, Jose Guadalupe Osuna Millan, said they have already reached an agreement to involve elements of the Preventive State Police (PEP) in mixed operations actions (BOM). However, he warned that "the BOM has not come to stay". The State Governor assured that October 31 is the last day of his mandate; "the peace currently enjoyed by the entity" will be maintained and will continue by actions of prevention and combat, above partisan interests.
“I believe that an atmosphere of tranquility lives in Baja California, and that acts such as the murders that have occurred in Tijuana have not returned to be repeated. It follows the coordination and the concept of a single command. The general, Commander of the 2nd Military Zone, continues to be the Coordinator of all efforts in the fight against crime. It will not change our strategy or our will", he insisted.
The concept of the BOM lies in the unique command and coordination among the three orders of government authorities, who through strategies seek to contain and reduce criminal rates in the State. There will be 24-hour actions by the members of the BOM on a three-shift scheme, reported the Director of Police and Tránsito de la Secretaría of Municipal Public Safety (SSPM), Alfredo Rosales Green. He argued that the necessity of operating these groups lies mainly due to the high incidence of home robberies generated by the consumption of drugs.
He ignored why PEP refused to participate earlier. "The end we owe is to the citizenship and nothing to parties, or to see who takes the laurels", he said. To us, he said, we are interested in that the population is calm, they trust the corporations and there are results. He noted that aside from the work that makes the Corporation, Ensenada has very good citizens "and we need that to continue collaboration". He stressed the coordination that exists with the police with whom ever they work in coordinating arrest warrants. http://www.elvigia.net/noticia/se-unir-la-pep-operaciones-mixtas
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Rosarito Police Lowest Paid in BC; Improved Cruise Ship Arrivals into Ensenada — Dec. 30, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Professional Staff Recognized; Los Vicente Guerrero and San Quintín Look to Coordinate Operations — Dec. 15, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Young Woman from Ensenada Missing; Police Start Patrol of City for Christmas — Nov. 30, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Seeking Fastest Youth; Los Lincoln Gang Captured — Sept. 11, 2012
- Border News Translations: Homes Collapsing; 2100 Officers Fired — April 29, 2011