Don Bauder 9:30 a.m., June 30
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: 41 Migrants Located in States of Mexico and Tamaulipas
41 Migrants Located in States of Mexico and Tamaulipas (La Prensa, 1/18/13)
Mexico City - As a result of the various operations by Federal Police carried out on the country's Highway network and the support work of monitoring, verification and immigration reviews, 41 migrants were located in two actions in the States of Mexico and Tamaulipas.
At the 022 + 500 km points of national road 85D from Mexico to Tizayuca, Federal Police Officers carrying out random checks had contact with a bus and performing an inspection found 16 people of Salvadoran origin, including two minors. Also located were 7 Guatemalans that did not have any documents to allow for their legal stay in the country.
There also found was a man of Guatemalan nationality, who was noted by the migrants as responsible for their transfer, so he was placed at the disposal of the Agent of the Public Prosecutor's Office in the State to continue the investigation, meanwhile the driver of that unit was also presented.
In a second action carried out in the State of Tamaulipas in continuous security and surveillance work on Highway 81 Tampico-Monterrey at point 05 Km, Federal troops identified a bus with a destination to the city of Reynosa, Tamaulipas, and carried out a routine inspection.
During the verification, 18 people of different nationalities were identified who did not have legal transit documents for the national territory, including 14 people of Salvadoran origin, a person of Honduran nationality and three from Guatemala, two of them minors.
In this action two subjects were arrested who reportedly were moving the migrants toward the northern border, so were placed at the disposal of the Agent of the Public Prosecutor, who would determine his responsibility. http://www.oem.com.mx/lavozdelafrontera/notas/n2847908.htm
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC State debt doubles in 5 years; Broken dreams of Salvadorans deported from U.S.; Range of alternative medical options offered — Feb. 6, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 97 Migrant Families Receive Business Support; 3 Arrested for Alien Smuggling — Jan. 11, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Cuban Migrants Detained; Migrant Victims Rescued — Oct. 27, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Police Torture Victims File Complaint; Caravan of Mothers Seek Missing Migrants — Oct. 24, 2012
- Border News Translations: 513 Undocumented Immigrants Discovered — May 18, 2011