Dorian Hargrove 2:23 p.m., Aug. 4
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Growing Obesity in Children of Los Angeles; Price of Gas Increases in San Diego
Growing Obesity in Children of Los Angeles (Uniradio Informa, 1/19/13)
LOS ANGELES, CA - The city of New York is doing a better job than Los Angeles in the battle against childhood obesity, at least with children from families of low income, according to a study presented on Thursday.
From 2003 to 2011, the rate of obesity among poor children fell about 16% in New York. In contrast, it rose in Los Angeles to almost 20%.
The researchers focused on 3 and 4 year old children enrolled in a government program that provides food and other services to women and their minor children. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released the study on Thursday.
The authors stressed the Los Angeles program has many more Mexican children. Obesity is common among this population group compared with white or black children. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/sandiego/articulo169335.html
Price of Gas Increases in San Diego (Uniradio Informa, 1/19/13)
SAN DIEGO, CA - The price of gasoline increased again in San Diego County to an average of $3.70 per gallon, was reported this morning by national specialized organizations. The fuel increased 4.4 cents in the last month. Compared to a gallon of gasoline at regulated average prices in Baja California now sold at $3.35 dollars, makes it 35 cents less expensive than in San Diego County.
It should be clarified that San Diego prices vary according to the type of gas station and its location. For example, in the vicinity of Otay Mesa, regular could be purchased below $3.50 dollars per gallon on Thursday. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/sandiego/articulo169465.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Rosa Anaya Meets Families at Cereso Mexicali; Pediatric Consultations for Respiratory Disease Increase 30% — Jan. 13, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC Tourist Destinations Promoted in USA; Left Without Light; CFE Eliminates "Diablitos" — Jan. 13, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: SDPD Follow Serial Killer Case; Pedestrian Building at El Chaparral POE Ready in March — Jan. 9, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: State 2012 Weapon Donation Campaign Concludes; Wind Power Generators will be Built in La Rumorosa — Jan. 3, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 4 Students Saved from Heatstroke; 6000 New Jobs in Tijuana — Sept. 13, 2012