Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., April 21
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Zárate Provides Stance Towards Vehicle Verification; Normal Basic Education Classes Tomorrow
Zárate Provides Stance Towards Vehicle Verification (La Cronica, 1/15/13 by Gerardo Fragoso)
MEXICALI, BC - Noting that cars are not the only ones guilty of pollution, Deputy Fausto Zárate Zepeda, Member of the PRI, expressed the posture of the nation following the adoption of compulsory vehicle checks.
"The first deception that I see is this is a commitment of parties; to give concessions. Second, pollution is not exclusively from cars. "It is very easy to blame or give a concession, or keep having the same Government," he commented.
"I was one of the main opponents to the circulation card cost being raised by 100 pesos ($8 US). Society and the people can not endure more increases. We avoided increases for water, hotel tax increases; we do not allow any increases, and now they appear with this, so it is no surprise," he lamented.
"We found 600 million pesos ($47 million US) of waste. “Hence in this situation we can pay if the Government is concerned about contamination. There can be the support by industries and we’ll put in a bunch of verifications," he considered. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/15012013/660194.aspx
Normal Basic Education Classes Tomorrow (La Cronica, 1/15/13 by Carmina Ortiz)
MEXICALI, BC - Since low temperatures caused by the cold front has lessened, tomorrow there will be regular classes in basic education and at the Centers of Multiple Attention (CAM), reported Gabriel Antonio Maces Tovar, Educational Coordinator of the ESS Mexicali Delegation.
The official pointed out that today absenteeism of 20% was recorded in basic education, predominantly at the preschool level.
Furthermore he noted teachers are working normally since last Friday despite the absenteeism. He also said that students who have not attended classes on Friday, Monday or Tuesday, will be not punished for non-attendance. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/15012013/660128.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Dogs attack child; Dollar registers below 13.00 pesos; Over 100 pets sterilized in a month; Profeco intensifies surveillance operations — Feb. 14, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Possible New Ricketts Case Reported; BC Generated 27,000 Formal Jobs in 2012; Teachers Obtain Geography Training; Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Primary School Receives Computer Equipment — Jan. 30, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Mandatory Vehicle Verification Imminent; No Fines for Failed Verification — Jan. 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Arrest Numbers Posted; Car Thieves Arrested — Dec. 10, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Risk of Jobs Loss with VAT Increase; Dollar Falls — Sept. 11, 2012