Walter Mencken 1 p.m., May 1
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: 6 Intoxicated by Carbon Monoxide
6 Intoxicated by Carbon Monoxide (El Mexicano, 1/13/13)
Nogales, Sonora - Six people were intoxicated during the two coldest days of the year so far by inhaling carbon monoxide from stoves and butane gas of heaters.
One of the cases consisted of a man, who decided to use a large metal box as a heater inside a house in colonia Solidaridad. In this incident Florentina Mendivil, 46, fainted and was aided by her husband who took her to the Red Cross where she was attended to at 3:30 p.m.
Another intoxicated woman, Martha Espinoza Romero, 45, fell asleep while the heater was on, however the system had a gas leak which caused her to become intoxicated from inhaling the butane gas. In this case, the woman was also rescued by her husband who took her to the Red Cross.
In another incident at 1:35 a.m. on Sunday, the Fire Department attended to four members of a family residing at number 53 calle Pila Larga in La Mesa fractionation who showed symptoms of poisoning by carbon monoxide. Affected there were Rosa María Chávez, 32, Gaspar Camargo, 37, as well as their sons Antonio Bryan and Darwin, 13 and 1, respectively.
The incident occurred after a gas heater from which they sought heat, went off. Subdelegation paramedics and firefighters moved the affected family members to Family Medicine Unit 64 of the Mexican Institute of Social Security, where they were placed under medical observation. http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/2/nacional/2013/01/13/643299/suman-6-intoxicados-por-inhalar-monoxido-de-carbono-en-sonora.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Rosarito Police apprehend wanted American; Two die in BC from cold weather; Fundadores Hospital closed — Feb. 11, 2013
- Imperial Beach family barely escapes death — Jan. 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Homeless People in Danger Due to Intense Cold; They Risk Carbon Monoxide Poisoning — Jan. 12, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Prepare for Extreme Cold; 8,688 Entrepreneurs Take Advantage of Free Services — Dec. 27, 2012
- Border News Translations: 16 Year-old Found Dead; Support Single Moms; Home Fires Controlled — May 8, 2011