Liz Swain 2:31 p.m., Dec. 19
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Soles de Mexicali Delivers Gifts to Children's Hostel; Classes Suspended by Cold
Soles de Mexicali Delivers Gifts to Children's Hostel (La Cronica, 1/11/13)
MEXICALI, BC - Around 112 children and youth that are in the DIF Baja California temporary shelter, enjoyed a visit of members of "Soles de Mexicali" professional basketball team, who gave them gifts and sweets on the occasion of the Day of Kings.
A statement mentioned that DIF Baja California representative and Director of the temporary shelter, Jorge Martínez Ramírez, thanked them for their generosity year after year by providing various support for children attending State DIF.
Soles de Mexicali players invited children from the hostel to be their special guests on Saturday, January 12 at a game against the Los Lechugueros. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/11012013/659009.aspx
Classes Suspended by Cold (La Cronica, 1/11/13 by Gina Rodríguez)
SAN LUIS RÍO COLORADO, Sonora - More than 38,000 students at preschool, primary and secondary schools, were left without classes this Friday after a weather alert was issued by Civil Protection about a decline in temperatures.
During the night on Thursday, staff of the Hostel for Migrant La Divina Providencia took in eight homeless individuals. After dinner, they were sheltered in warm rooms, provided blankets and morning breakfast reported the Center Commissioner Olga Alicia Escalante Vejarano. 40 people also attended the Institution of Social Assistance of which eight are residents of San Luis Colorado Río, who roam the streets. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/11012013/659004.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Police Arrest Pair of Shoplifters; Temporary Shelter has Opened 4 Times — Dec. 26, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Mechanical Failure Causes Crash; 1.5 Million Tires Recycled — Dec. 10, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Fire Damages 3 Buildings in Balbuena; Parents Warned of Sexual Abuse at Primary School — Nov. 28, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Homicide Rate Up 50%; Casino Tax Inspections Conducted — Oct. 25, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Communities will have Digital Libraries; Foundation High School Celebrates 40 years — Oct. 25, 2012