Jeff Smith 2 p.m., Dec. 18
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Girl Saved During Attack; Invitation to Join Youth Patrol
Girl Saved During Attack (Tijuana Press, 1/10/13 by Vicente Calderón)
Tijuana, BC - In another criminal attack that happened this Thursday morning, a man was attacked with bullets, but his life was saved at a hospital in the city. A man of about 30 years of age was traveling with an infant girl, who was released unhurt by the attack.
The early reports indicated the victim was surprised in zona de Lomas de la Presa, and despite the fact that he was hit by gunfire managed to reach the medical clinic on his own.
No information was obtained about the severity of his wounds, but it was presumed they were serious. The man apparently named Kim Villanueva was traveling in car model similar to a P.T. Cruiser van. http://www.tijuanapress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8629:se-salva-nina-de-ataque-a-tiros&catid=1:locales&Itemid=50
Invitation to Join Youth Patrol (Tijuana Press, 1/10/13 by Nora Leticia Garcia)
Tijuana, B.C. - The State authorities invite children and young people to enroll in the youth patrol of the Secretariat of Security State SSPE.
Those interested can contact the Prevention of Office for participation at the address in their community or phone 634 0415, to locate where more information will be given about the selection process, reported the SSPE in a statement.
Activities taught include gymnastics, acrobatics, first aid, personal defense, fitness and camping. In addition young people are taught courses and workshops on preventive topics such as: culture of lawfulness, prevention of violence, the emergency numbers 066 and 089 reporting and anonymous denunciation, as well as family violence, bullying, personal safety and gangs, among other activities indicated the document.
Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 12 noon at: High school # 82 in colonia Reacomodo; Secondary # 68 in colonia Emperadores; Primaria Felipa Velásquez in colonia Sánchez Tabeada; and Secundaria # 29 de la zona Otay Sundays, 8 a.m. to 12 noon at: Secundaria # 53 in fraccionamiento Las Delicias. http://www.tijuanapress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8635:invitan-a-inscribirse-a-patrulla-juvenil&catid=1:locales&Itemid=50
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Accused of Shooting; Kidnapped for Money "to Marry and Study" — Jan. 22, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Narcomenudistas Arrested in Jardines del Rubí; Man Assassinated Arriving Home — Jan. 10, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 160 Kilos of Marijuana Seized; No Firing of Weapons Urged for New Year — Jan. 1, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Seeking Relatives of Baby Left at Hospital General; Offices Will Close for Festivities — Dec. 28, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Extortionist Arrested; A Turtle, A Seal, A Human Skull — Sept. 17, 2012