7:45 p.m., June 29
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: SDPD Follow Serial Killer Case; Pedestrian Building at El Chaparral POE Ready in March
SDPD Follow Serial Killer Case (Uniradio Informa, 1/9/13)
San Diego, CA - San Diego Police are investigating possible victims of a serial killer in the 1980s, but recently discovered. The police said Samuel McDowell, 72, once a resident of San Diego, was identified as a murderer in a series killing of three women in Los Angeles. McDowell was identified as the serial killer this week, when he was extradited from Kentucky to California on drug-related charges. Los Angeles PD discovered his link with the women by comparing his DNA information with a national data bank and found McDowell committed crimes of many kinds for about 50 years in more than 20 states, so they are searching for more potential victims of the African-American. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/sandiego/articulo167841.html
Pedestrian Building at El Chaparral POE Ready in March (Uniradio Informa, 1/9/13)
TIJUANA, BC - The Government of Baja California, through the Secretariat of Infrastructure and Urban Development of the State (SIDUE) is ready to conclude work in the pedestrian building at the El Chaparral POE as part of actions to strengthen the Customs port and make it more modern and functional.
The head of SIDUE, Carlos Flores Vásquez, reported that 35 million pesos ($2.7 million US) was invested and remains a significant advance according to the calendar of scheduled activities, in such a way that in little more than two months it will be ready.
He pointed out that the pedestrian building will replace the one currently operating at the San Ysidro POE, which is used for pedestrians crossing from the United States into Mexico. Similarly, he said, the building’s interior, will house various State agencies, such as the Management Institute and Appraisals of Assets (INDAABIN), the National Bank of the Army, Air Force and Navy (BANJERCITO), as well as part of the System of Tax Administration (SAT).
It is intended to connect the new pedestrian infrastructure when the U.S. Government completes their work at the checkpoint on the other side of the border. This way the border at El Chaparral POE will provide greater efficiency and functionality of operation by dynamically creating an intersection for people who cross the border daily between the city of Tijuana, Mexico and the United States. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo167896.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Business in Zona Rio Closed Down; Tijuana Residents Surveyed to Meet their Needs — Jan. 17, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Improved Tourist Influx in Tijuana; Man Shot in Broad Daylight — Jan. 14, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 6,300 Pupils Return to Classes; Bus Company Denies Invading Routes — Jan. 7, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: State 2012 Weapon Donation Campaign Concludes; Wind Power Generators will be Built in La Rumorosa — Jan. 3, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Missing Teen Girl Sought; Industry Complains about Crossing Waits and Delays — Nov. 5, 2012