Ian Anderson 6:30 p.m., April 27
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Below Zero Temperatures Predicted; Corpses Found in Different Areas of Tijuana
Below Zero Temperatures Predicted (Uniradio Informa, 1/9/13)
Tijuana, BC - The State Directorate of Civil Protection (SCPD) warned the population to expect very low temperatures below zero degrees Celsius during the next 48 hours, with snowfall and rains in the mountainous areas of the entity.
The state agency reported that the lowest temperatures will occur in the municipality of Tecate, where the thermometer is expected to reach one degree below zero next Friday that will be the day with the lowest registered temperatures.
On its website, the DEPC pointed out, Tijuana can expect a high of 14 degrees Celsius and a low of 5 degrees on Thursday; for Friday, a 12 degree maximum and minimum of 3 degrees are anticipated. In addition, there will be a 70% chance of snowfall and rains in the mountainous area of the entity.
For Mexicali, on Thursday, there is an expected high of 20 degrees Celsius and a minimum of 5 degrees, while on Friday, a high of 14 degrees and minimum of 1 degree is anticipated. Strong winds are also expected with gusts of between 31 and 38 kilometers per hour.
In Ensenada, the high for Thursday will be 17 degrees Celsius and low of 5 degrees, while the Friday forecast is for 15 degrees maximum and a minimum of 2 degrees. There is an expected 70% chance of rain.
For Playas de Rosarito, the DEPC noted expected highs of 13 degrees Celsius and a minimum of 2 degrees, while on Friday, the maximum temperature will be 10 degrees and a minimum of 1 degree, with winds of up to 24 kilometers per hour on Friday. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/bajacalifornia/articulo167890.html
Corpses Found in Different Areas of Tijuana (Uniradio Informa, 1/9/13)
Tijuana, BC - Two corpses were found in Colonia Alfredo Ames 3ra Sección, and one more on the Tijuana-Tecate free road on Wednesday morning, authorities said. They indicated at the time, none had been identified.
Security elements said the first bodies were found with multiple gun shots, inside a house located on calle Cuchilla Prieta around 9:40 a.m. in the above-mentioned Colonia.
They explained the other body was found around 9:30 a.m. at the side of the road, with tied hands and feet. Both cases are being investigated by the Ministerial Police by the premeditated homicide unit. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/policiaca/articulo167888.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: 30% of Tijuana Transportation Drivers have Diabetes; Possible Dangerous Current Warning for Tijuana — Jan. 22, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Caliente Celebrates Epiphany for Tijuana Children; Despite Cold in Region, DIF has Not Opened Hostels — Jan. 7, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 6,300 Pupils Return to Classes; Bus Company Denies Invading Routes — Jan. 7, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: San Pedro Mártir Records 30 Centimeters of Snow; Weather Provides for Intense BC Sierra Nevada Weekend — Dec. 29, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Injured Man Remains Unidentified; Graves of Missing Sought — Nov. 27, 2012