Bob McPhail 5:30 p.m., May 25
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Navy Seizes Ton of Marijuana; Iván Barbosa Announces Intentions
Navy Seizes Ton of Marijuana (El Vigia, 1/7/13 by Luis Miguel Ramirez)
Ensenada, BC - A little more than one ton of marijuana was seized by elements of the Navy of Mexico attached to Naval Region, in two operations that occurred on January 3 and 5 on the Baja California coast.
They conducted the first capture of the drug approximately 50 kilometers south of the port of Ensenada, where they found one boat with outboard two engines, but one was inoperative. The interior held six packages of the drug with a gross weight of 64.7 kilograms, besides eight full containers holding 50 liters of fuel each.
On January 5, 94 bales of a green herb with the characteristics of marijuana were located with an approximate total weight of 950.98 kilograms, hidden at a point on the coast south of Ensenada. The seizure was brought to the port and placed at the disposal of the agent of the Public Prosecutor's Office. http://www.elvigia.net/noticia/asegura-armada-tonelada-de-mariguana
Iván Barbosa Announces Intentions (El Vigia, 1/7/13 by Gerardo Sanchez)
Ensenada, B. C. - The municipal leader of the PRI, Iván Barbosa Ochoa, announced he would be a contender for the nomination as the Mayor of Ensenada. He said that it would submit his resignation as municipal leader in February, when the requirements are known for the registration of mayoral candidates. http://www.elvigia.net/noticia/se-destapa-iv-n-barbosa
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Chiapas Registers 5.4 Earthquake; Massive Cold Front — Jan. 11, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Vulnerable Groups Assisted; Cataviña - a Quiet Community — Jan. 7, 2013
- Ensenada stash house busted — Oct. 2, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Criminal Charges against Mayor; 12 Killed in 48 Hours — Sept. 18, 2012
- Over 12 Tons of Marijuana Found in Pacific Ocean — June 19, 2012