Scott Ellis 10:13 p.m., Jan. 27
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Finding of Burned Body Confirmed; International Day of the Police Celebrated
Finding of Burned Body Confirmed (Tijuana Press, 1/3/13 by Vicente Calderón)
Tijuana, BC - State authorities officially confirmed the discovery a burned body in colonia Obrera Tercera Sección on January 1st. It was the first homocide of 2013 in Tijuana.
In addition the Attorney General of Baja California Justice announced the burnt corpse had no head or left foot. The head was detached.
With the degree of incineration you not clearly see any traces of violence. Detectives suspect it could have been wildlife which removed the head and foot. The head was located about two meters to the south of the corpse.
The discovery was made in rugged cañón Oaxaca in colonia Cologne. The body was under the remains of a sofa which was also burnt. The man wore blue denim pants and black color tennis type shoes. http://www.tijuanapress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8556:confirman-hallazgo-de-cuerpo-calcinado&catid=1:locales&Itemid=50
International Day of the Police Celebrated (Tijuana Press, 1/2/13 by Leonardo Ortiz)
Tijuana, BC - As on each January 2, a ceremony with a memorial mass was conducted in honor of the police officers killed in the line of duty to celebrate the Day of the Police.
The Archbishop of Tijuana Diocese, Rafael Romo Muñoz recognized the efforts of municipal agents and praised their dedication to service. "I ask the Lord to give his thanks, his blessings abundantly on you and your leaders and managers so that all will always act and see better, look for the peace and security of our people", said the leader of Catholics.
The ceremony was held at the police memorial on the outskirts of City Hall where floral offerings were placed and an honor guard was mounted.
Municipal Police Director Javier Viruete led the honors in memory of officers who died in service. http://www.tijuanapress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8554:festejan-el-dia-del-policia&catid=1:locales&Itemid=50
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Indigents will generate a little problem; Federal Courts evacuated; Request to keep name of Boulevard Benitez — Feb. 20, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Narcomenudistas Arrested in Jardines del Rubí; Man Assassinated Arriving Home — Jan. 10, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: First TJ Homicide of 2013; TJ Murders Down in 2012 — Jan. 3, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Corpse Found on Tijuana-Tecate Free Road; Sex Offense Against Minor Investigated — Nov. 11, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Extortionist Arrested; A Turtle, A Seal, A Human Skull — Sept. 17, 2012