Jeff Smith 8 p.m., Aug. 30
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Extortionist Arrested; A Turtle, A Seal, A Human Skull
Supposed Police Charged Otay Merchants for Protection (Tijuana Press, 9/17/12, SSPM News Release)
Tijuana, BC - Municipal police officers arrested an individual wearing a blue uniform of the Directorate General of Police and Transit officer trying to extort money from Mesa de Otay district merchants.
Vicente Morales Montes de Oca, 42, was referred to the Prosecutor of Common Law for false impersonation, property damages and additional unspecified other charges.
Around 6:40 PM yesterday, municipal officers assigned to the Mesa de Otay district responded to a report of damage to a business located at calles Kepler and Secundo Sur in Colonia del Rio.
The business owner informed police that shortly before their arrival, an indigent dressed in a Secretariat Public Security uniform demanded a "protection fee" to allow the business to continue operating.
When the victim told him to leave or the police would be called, Vicente became enraged and broke the shop’s glass window. http://www.tijuanapress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7666:-supuesto-policia-cobraba-proteccion-sspm&catid=1:locales&Itemid=50
A Turtle, a Seal and a Human Skull Found (Tijuana Press, 9/15/12 by Vicente Calderón)
Tijuana, BC - Thousands of volunteers participated this Saturday in the "Let us save the beach," campaign which extended beyond the shores of Baja California. 200 students in the attended garbage collection event in the arroyo Alamar where they located a human skull, according to a report from event organizers participated in by millions of people around the world.
In total, 2,142 people cooperated to collect 12 tons of waste in 16 locations around Tijuana, Tecate, Rosarito and Ensenada. Volunteers also found two sea life corpses, a turtle in the "El Faro" coastal zone area and a seal in the "El Vigía" area. The group that coordinated the clean-up project, Proyecto Fronterizo de Educación Ambiental, transcribed the detailed report. http://www.tijuanapress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7660:una-tortuga-una-foca-y-un-craneo-humano&catid=1:locales&Itemid=50
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Accused of Shooting; Kidnapped for Money "to Marry and Study" — Jan. 22, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Missing American Sought; Talks Attended by More Than 8,000 Youth — Jan. 8, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Finding of Burned Body Confirmed; International Day of the Police Celebrated — Jan. 3, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 160 Kilos of Marijuana Seized; No Firing of Weapons Urged for New Year — Jan. 1, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Corpse Found on Tijuana-Tecate Free Road; Sex Offense Against Minor Investigated — Nov. 11, 2012