Matthew Lickona 3 p.m., April 28
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Don't Drink & Drive; 400 New Businesses Open
Don’t Drink and Drive (Frontera, 9/14/12)
TIJUANA, BC - On the eve of the celebration of the holidays, this weekend, the Municipal Public Safety Secretariat (SSPM) reported checkpoints are in place throughout the city with breathalyzer units. He called on the population to celebrate responsibly and above all, if you have any alcoholic drinks, do not drive any type of vehicle to avoid a date of joy that ends in disgrace.
Five SSPM checkpoints will operate Friday and Saturday. On Saturday night, the General Directorate of Police and Transit will also operate checkpoints at Avenida Independencia, Paseo de los Héroes and Glorieta México, with 250 patrol officers, commercial police and auxiliaries.
Police will monitor the "Grito" de Independencia ceremony led by Municipal President Carlos Bustamante Anchondo. It is estimated 40-50 thousand will attend in the afternoon. For an alternate route travel towards the Centro and Río areas and on the Boulevares Cuauhtémoc Sur and Norte, Sánchez Taboada and Abelardo L. Rodríguez. The SSPM suggests motorists heed this warning to avoid any trouble. http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Policiaca/14092012/622337.aspx
400 New Business Open (Frontera, 9/14/2012 by Celia García)
Around 400 new businesses have opened in the Matamoros area in the month of August reported Ginett Salinas, Director Empreser of Tijuana .
He pointed out that in August, only 20 businesses opened in Tijuana.
New businesses included pastries, food, bakery, grocery stores and professional services. http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/14092012/622297.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: 16 Breathalyzers Will be Out on Christmas Eve; Border will be Cloudy but Without Rain this Saturday — Dec. 22, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Two Suspects Captured in Sunday Attack of Policemen; PGJE Clarifies Murder of Astronomer — Oct. 16, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations:User of Counterfeit Notes Arrested; Two Arrested for Sex Assaults — Oct. 16, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Bicyclist Arrives in TJ From NYC; Blackmail Complaint Filed Against Rosarito Police — Oct. 15, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Missing Youth Sought; Flooding Problems Forecasted — Oct. 12, 2012