Dorian Hargrove 6:30 p.m., May 26
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations - Gas Prices Up; Mammographies Recommended
Gas Prices Increase 43% (AFN Tijuana, 9/10/12) TIJUANA BC – During the last six-year period, the price of petrol and diesel increased between 9.45% and 10% annually, for a total of 43% since 2006, said President of the Association of Gasolineros of Tijuana Joaquin Avina Sanchez.
Although at the beginning of the six-year period, Felipe Calderón Hinojosa "froze" the price of Magna petrol, it was insufficient, as monthly increases directly affected the economy of the working population, as in the case of freight carriers, he said in an interview.
"The substance of the matter is…I do not see that the new administration can do something about or stop increases by the end of the year", he said. In his view, the problem has to do with Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) not bing self-sufficient in refining, so it has imported fuel at a higher cost and that creates the so-called "gasolinazos" (price gouging) or monthly increments. The solution, said Avina Sanchez, would be a new energy reform policy that will enable the country to refine energy, export already refined products and keep a part of it in Mexico to make it more affordable for the population.
"We need to work as soon as the new Federal Government takes office and stop gasoline price increases, because in the end it will create a crisis in the country", he stressed. It was on Saturday September 8, 2012 when the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) reached its ninth of the year of "gasolinazo". http://www.afntijuana.info/informacion_general/12573_aumenta_gasolina_43_en_seis_anos
Ask for Breast Cancer Mammographies (AFN Tijuana, 9/10/12) MEXICALI BC - Because there are assumptions or beliefs that mammographies damage women’s health, the State Secretariat of Health released information in this regard, said, José Guadalupe Bustamante Moreno. He said there is no scientific study that backs this theory, so it is important that citizens not be fooled by these assertions.
It should be remembered that breast cancer is curable if caught in time and highlights mammography exams are safe and above all are a tool for the early detection of any occurring abnormalities, he noted. Bustamante Moreno stressed that thanks to the 100 million mammographies done in the state they detected breast cancer in a timely manner in 5 million women.
He invited bajacalifornianas women 20 years and up to perform monthly breast self-examination 5 to 10 days after their menstrual period as the fastest way of detection, which will only take a few minutes and possibly save your life. The State official dismissed comments that point out unprotected mammography exams specifically cause thyroid cancer.
He said that women 40 to 50 years should complete a mammography every 2 years in the case of not having any risk factors, but if they have, then each year, as well as women 50 to 69 years of age. Bustamante Moreno urged women to not be wary of health authorities and periodically come to see their doctor. http://www.afntijuana.info/informacion_general/12584_piden_prevenir_cancer_de_mama_con_mastografias
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: 40,000 join Popular Insurance in BC; 3,000 girls at risk for Human Papillomavirus; 2,000 notified they are living in danger zone; Colonists complain about heavy truck traffic — Feb. 9, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Program to improve BC image strengthened; Remittances being sent from United States are growing; Cancer is an undesirable and feared condition — Feb. 5, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 68,000 Cars Towed in Tijuana; Colef and UABC donate books to Public Libraries; Saturation of Gas Stations in Tijuana Harms Business; Relatives Protest Children Killed by Ricketts — Feb. 1, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Reckless Driver Only Ticketed; City Official Rants at Rosarito Treasurer — Dec. 26, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Free Mammograms are Offered; Two Arrested for Credit Card Fraud — Nov. 7, 2012