Ken Harrison 4:38 p.m., July 28
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Communities will have Digital Libraries; Foundation High School Celebrates 40 years
Communities will have Digital Libraries (La Cronica, 10/25/12)
MEXICALI, BC - The communities of Kilometer 43, Ciudad Guadalupe Victoria and the port of San Felipe will soon have a Telmex Digital Library equipped with computers, furniture and Internet connections.
A statement by the City Council, indicates that they be awarded a completely free service to the community. This aims to create a space for teaching and learning, research and educational experimentation in marginalized areas.
The so-called “Biblioteca Digital” program allows for students, teachers, parents and the public in general with access to the tools for the development of educational activities.
The mayor said Telnor will train the staff of public libraries to operate the TELUS Digital Library, which will have ten computers, ten notebooks, furniture, peripheral equipment and connections via the Internet. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/25102012/633901.aspx
Foundation High School Celebrates 40 years (La Cronica, 10/25/12 by Gina Rodríguez)
SAN LUIS RÍO COLORADO, Sonora - Secondary School number 30, celebrated 40 years since it was established in San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora with civic and cultural activities
During the event held in the institution’s esplanade, they recognized the founders of the school, of which some were present. Attendees were also reminded of the teachers, administrative staff and quartermaster who have died.
Many former pupils of the school when the institution was founded in 1972 were present and provided singing performances. Students in the band, music, and dance groups also demonstrated their knowledge and skills acquired in another performance. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/25102012/633883.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Dogs attack child; Dollar registers below 13.00 pesos; Over 100 pets sterilized in a month; Profeco intensifies surveillance operations — Feb. 14, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Soles de Mexicali Delivers Gifts to Children's Hostel; Classes Suspended by Cold — Jan. 12, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Mechanical Failure Causes Crash; 1.5 Million Tires Recycled — Dec. 10, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Fire Damages 3 Buildings in Balbuena; Parents Warned of Sexual Abuse at Primary School — Nov. 28, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Homicide Rate Up 50%; Casino Tax Inspections Conducted — Oct. 25, 2012