Don Bauder 3:30 p.m., Jan. 25
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: 6,000 Tires Collected During Clean-Up Event; Tijuana Trustee to Determine Possible Sanctions
6,000 Tires Collected During Clean-Up Event (Uniradio Informa, 10/21/12)
TIJUANA, BC – Today, in delegación de la Presa and principally the Florido Mariano sub-delegation there was an event to collect trash, which mainly included the removal of 6,000 tires called ´Rally las llantas´, to summon citizens to join teams to collect tires that invade the streets.
Jaime Barba Silva, deputy delegate of Florido Mariano, pointed out that 9 teams were formed with an initial goal of 2,000 tires, but the success of the event led to the collection of more than 6,000 tires.
"With their own resources and they have been doing this activity, given that is a competition with an economic Prize for the team who accumulates the most tires", he explained. The prize for first place was 5,000 pesos ($389 US), 100 litres of petrol and a meal for four people.
For his part, Jorge Tsutsumi, delegate de la Presa, reported the event cleaned schools and neighborhoods in different colonies in the Florido. "Many parts of the delegation worked at the task to collect these tires from vacant land adjacent to their homes,” he explained. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo153552.html
Tijuana Trustee to Determine Possible Sanctions (Uniradio Informa, 10/21/12)
TIJUANA, BC – The Tijuana receivership would determine administrative sanctions against past administration officials; those irregularities around the Plan for Economic Reconstruction (PIRE).
Yolanda Enriquez de la Fuente, the Sindicatura Attorney in Tijuana pointed out that there are two aspects, financial and technical/physical, because they found a collection of financial percentages higher than the agreed rates, so it is a civil and a criminal complaint.
"On the part of the work that has already been completed, that I have not touched directly, so it is up to urban management to request through a bond for the reconstruction of some roads, especially in Otay which is in very poor condition, and we are already working on legal counseling with urban developmentt", she explained.
She noted that payments were of approximately 15 million pesos ($1.2 million US). "On the financial issue, the responsibility is directly with the former Mayor and the civil suit is against the cementera", she explained. On the other hand, she said that there is also a demand against Carlos Ceseña due to the lack of technical supervision of the work by the PIRE. She mentioned that it is not only the embezzlement of 15 million pesos, but also the poor quality of the work that was carried out. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo153544.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Xolos visit General Hospital; USA Consulate in Tijuana closed for holiday; Collective marriage in Tijuana — Feb. 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Tijuana Auditorium Languishes; No detainees in Acapulco-Spanish rape case; Efforts made to formalize workers; 46,000 children will go to Museo El Trompo for free — Feb. 7, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: State 2012 Weapon Donation Campaign Concludes; Wind Power Generators will be Built in La Rumorosa — Jan. 3, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Two Rapes Committed; Police Recover 12 Stolen Vehicles — Oct. 21, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: 4 Students Saved from Heatstroke; 6000 New Jobs in Tijuana — Sept. 13, 2012