Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Dec. 5
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: 70,000 Breast Exams Completed in Tamaulipas
70,000 Breast Exams Completed in Tamaulipas (MonitorEconomico, 10/16/12)
Cd Victoria, TAM - As part of a line of action programs aimed at preventing and destroying female breast cancer and thereby reduce the number of deaths by the disease, the Ministry of Health has completed so far in 2012, more than 69,320 clinical breast examinations and more than 10,000 mamographies for women 40 to 69 years of age.
Norberto Treviño Garcia-Manzo, Secretary of health, noted that this is an important item of Tamaulipas Humano and the prevention of women's diseases has the highest priority for their vital role as the mainstay in our society and to not destroy families.
The State official explained that this year they have been providing treatment after it has already killed 70 women with breast cancer so measures have intensified and to lead to prevention, every time that they die in our State at the rate of about 14 women per month.
To provide society with the attention that will help them have a better lifestyle, the Ministry of Health promotes a campaign, "Five steps for the health of your breasts", which consists of five simple but fundamental recommendations: observe, touch and feel, if there is any change let your doctor know; If you are 25 years old, go to get your breasts checked; If you are between 40 and 69 years old ? It calls for mammography.
Recommendations also include consuming water, fruits and vegetables daily, reduce processed and rich in sugar foods; do physical exercise and preserve your ideal weight. Treviño Garcia-Manzo added that breast cancer can be prevented if healthy habits such as having a proper and balanced diet for maintining a healthy weight. Exercise regularly for at least 150 minutes a week, do not smoke, avoid excessive alcohol consumption and do not breastfeed. http://monitoreconomico.org/noticias/2012/oct/17/se-han-tratado-70-mil-casos-de-cancer-de-mama-en-tamaulipas/
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Program to improve BC image strengthened; Remittances being sent from United States are growing; Cancer is an undesirable and feared condition — Feb. 5, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Free Mammograms are Offered; Two Arrested for Credit Card Fraud — Nov. 7, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Remembrance of Women who Lost Fight to Breast Cancer; Announcement of Priority Electrification and Paving Work — Oct. 20, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations - Gas Prices Up; Mammographies Recommended — Sept. 10, 2012
- It Gets Worse — Nov. 17, 2009