Stephen Crane 8 p.m., Oct. 22
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: He Killed for Love of Girl; Stepfather Guilty of Murdering Stepson
He Killed for Love of Girl (El Mexicano, 11/30/12 by Said Betanzos)
TIJUANA, BC – José "N”, 16 years old, wanted to be with the woman of José Desiderio Cruz Miramontes, known as "El Bolas” (The Balls), which led to the assassination of the latter.
The crime occurred on November 25 in colonia Lázaro Cárdenas Ejido. In his ministerial statement the young man claimed the murder was self-defense. On that morning, Jose came home and found "El Bolas", who hit him and then pulled out a knife. Jose then proceeded to defend himself by taking out a knife, they fought and he killed him. Jose sent text messages to a friend via cell phone, who really liked hearing of the incident.
The Attorney General Justice of the State (PGJE) reported the actions taken against José "N" are by his admission of the crime of homicide and brought by agents of the Public Ministry Specialized in Adolescents. He was placed in the Center for Diagnosis of Adolescents and made available to the specialized court for adolescents who will determine his legal status. http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/22/policiaca/2012/11/30/633235/asesino-por-amor-de-una-jovencita.aspx
Stepfather Guilty of Murdering Stepson (El Mexicano, 11/30/12 by Fernando Escobedo Camacho)
ENSENADA, BC - Joel Reyna, the stepfather of a child found dead in the area of El Salitral more than one year ago, was found culpable by a second criminal court for the murder of his stepson Haziel Ruiz Fuentes, who he slew and tried to hide among the bushes located near Maneadero.
In addition to the prison sentence, he will have to pay for damages of more than 47,000 pesos ($3629 US). This is for tests submitted by the Attorney General of Justice of the State that indicated from the outset the killer was Haziel’s stepfather, a former municipal police officer Joel Reyna and his nephew, who still has not received a sentence.
This devious crime of a minor has shaken society in Ensenada because there is no memory of so heinous and violent an act in the city, where a child lost their life in such a way and at the hands of his stepfather. http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/22/policiaca/2012/11/30/633382/dan-46-anos-a-padrastro-asesino-de-haziel.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Stepfather given 16 years in prison; Taxi fare paid with counterfeit note; Students get antigraffiti program lecture; Calcium and vitamin "D" recommended — Feb. 18, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Missing 5-Year-Old Girl Found Dead; Murdered Cecilia’s Stepfather is Addict and Thief — Jan. 18, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 5 Year-Old Girl Missing; Anti-Graffiti Program in Center of Tecate — Jan. 17, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Tecate Professor Commits Suicide; Body of Executed Man Discovered — Jan. 17, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 6 Murders at 4 Places in the City Following Drug Seizure; Killers Chase After Municipal Policeman — Jan. 10, 2013