Dave Rice 7:30 p.m., Jan. 26
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Insane Man Attacks 10 Year Old; Bustamante Shows Achievements
Insane Man Attacks 10 Year Old (El Mexicano, 11/27/12, by Said Betanzos)
TIJUANA, BC - A mentally ill man killed a child and wanted to do the same to the sister of the victim, but survived she the attack at a house in Colony Ejido Lazaro Cardenas, where Guerreros de Jesucristo Christian Church is also located. The Attorney General Justice of the State (PGJE) reported that around 1:30 a.m. on Monday the murder of Emanuel Cortez Gonzalez, 10, was reported to them in the interior at 10 calle Rojo Gómez.
The minor showed multiple blows on the face and a cut wound to the throat. The Municipal police authorities found his corpse in the room of the house, where he lived with his sister Paola Vanessa, 16. She survived the attack as she managed to get out and ask for help from a neighbor, who immediately reported what happened to emergency number 066.
Red Cross Paramedics took the young girl to the General Hospital for a reconstructive tracheotomy and she is currently stable, explained the PGJE authority responsible for the investigation.
As evidence, investigators found a pipe for consuming "glass" drugs and a lighter in the house. The alleged perpetrator according to neighbors is identified as Saúl Manuel Varela, 20, who was sought by agents of the ministerial and municipal police forces using dogs, but did not find him.
According to investigation agents of the Ministerial Police of the Premeditated Homicide Unit, the aggressor has received psychiatric care, as well as controlled medication. He had also learned that one of the brothers of Saúl Manuel recently committed suicide.
In regard to Paola Vanessa, a few days ago she left a rehabilitation center since she is addicted to drugs. More about the parents of the children is not known or where they were at the time the events occurred. http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/3/estatal/2012/11/27/632513/demente-degollo-a-nino-de-10-anos.aspx
Bustamante Shows Achievements (El Mexicano, 11/26/12, by Lorena Garcia Ramirez)
TIJUANA, BC - Mayor, Carlos Bustamante Anchondo, showed some of his advances, including stabilizing finances and the rejecting more debt. During a second report of his Government held at El Foro a screened video showed social actions, such as the attention to more than 90,000 laborers, the granting of medical consultations in the delegations and campaigns against trafficking in persons.
Also, noted was the delivery of 200 houses to single women, the reopening of the Cortijo San Jose and the recovery of the El Pasteje community area. http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/3/estatal/2012/11/26/632412/muestra-bustamante-logros.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Theft of cables generates millions in losses; Tijuana Fire Department offers Open Water Lifeguard Certification; Children who ran-away are located; Second "Gasolinazo" of 2013 will come Saturday — Feb. 8, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 6 Murders at 4 Places in the City Following Drug Seizure; Killers Chase After Municipal Policeman — Jan. 10, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Rommel Moreno Purges PGJE; Man Dies of Hypothermia — Jan. 1, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: He Killed for Love of Girl; Stepfather Guilty of Murdering Stepson — Nov. 30, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC Government Demands Zeta Gas Take Action; Ministerial Police Arrest Man Who Violated Girl for 5 Years — Oct. 19, 2012