Matthew Suárez 11 a.m., Nov. 28
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Transgenders Allege Discrimination by Police; Galarza Delivers Pantry Items, Blankets, Toys and Candy
Transgenders Allege Discrimination by Police (El Sol de Tijuana, 12/24/12 by Adam Mondragon)
Tijuana, BC - The Binational Commission on Human Rights, CBDH, has documented around 96 complaints against municipal police officers for their abuse of transgender people.
The municipal police of Tijuana top the list of departments that abuse more of this highly vulnerable population sector, said Víctor Clark Alfaro, Chief of the CBDH. In an interview, the anthropologist pointed out that more abuses are committed than those reported. "We always learn about aggressions from third parties,” he said.
It was detected that police elements arrested transgenders who work in the tolerance area in Center of the city without cause. They are often detained and incarcerated in facilities at the city jail with other offenders, where once again they become overwhelmed by those who are there.
Municipal governments do not do anything to end the abuses against these people, not even any orchestrated social programs. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2818803.htm
Galarza Delivers Pantry Items, Blankets, Toys and Candy (El Sol de Tijuana, 12/24/12 by Adam Mondragon)
Tijuana, BC - A Member of the 13th District New Alliance Party, Arcelia Galarza Villarino, presented pantry items, blankets, toys and bags of candy to settlers of El Pipila, Villa Fontana, Maclovio Rojas and Francisco Villa.
It was a traditional visit prior to the Christmas and New Years Holidays by Galarza Villarino, carried out to different colonies of the city perimeter comprising the district he represents in the State Congress. In total, in this last tour of 2012 for settlers in the 13th District, Arcelia Galarza delivered 600 blankets, 600 basic pantry products, 300 toys and 300 bags of sweets.
At each of the sites he visited community inhabitants desire a Merry Christmas. "We are working for you and as I've been doing in my administration, I am here to support you with these presents.”To all of you, I wish you a Merry Christmas and we hope that 2013 is more productive and beneficial", said Arcelia Galarza.
This activity ends the 2012 program of deliveries to benefit families, including the elderly. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2818762.htm
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Uniform Vouchers Delivered to Students; First Workshop for Children with Autism — Jan. 22, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Red Cross Reports 160+ Daily Emergencies; Warning About Illegal New Year Alcohol Sales — Dec. 27, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Citizens Group Brings Food to Those With Less; Couple Injured in Rollover Accident — Dec. 23, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Criminal "Cockroach Effect"; Children Fighting Cancer have Christmas Posada — Dec. 21, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Bus Given to Agricultural School; Galarza Brings Christmas Gifts to 4 Colonies — Dec. 10, 2012