Jeff Smith 8 p.m., Aug. 30
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: 19 Inspection and Verification Inspectors Removed; Virgin of Guadalupe Pilgrimages Held
19 Inspection and Verification Inspectors Removed (El Sol de Tijuana, 12/2/12 by Daniel Angel)
Tijuana, BC - So far, the municipal administration has withdrawn 19 inspectors from the Directorate of Inspection and Verification, according to figures from its director, Daniel Leon.
The number rises as a result of statements made by aldermen in opposition to the framework of the second year of the municipal administration, who argued there is still corruption in the area.
"I am not a judge but it is very easy to see, I would not like to bring these few inspectors with me", the official said about the accusations.
He insisted if any merchant is a victim of abuse by any inspector, retain their name to report them so we may address it accordingly.
A few weeks ago, media published a reported detention of an inspector for allegedly having participated in a robbery to a business. In this case Daniel Leon said that inspector involved was dismissed although there was not enough information to charge them and they managed to regain their freedom. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2792316.htm
Virgin of Guadalupe Pilgrimages Held (El Sol de Tijuana, 12/2/12 by Juan Guizar)
Tijuana, BC - In December, pilgrimages and other activities of a religious nature will be offered by the Archdiocese of Tijuana in honor to the Virgin of Guadalupe. This Saturday was the first to arrive at the Cathedral of calle Segunda by Azul y Blanco transportation, while the larger traditional pilgrimage of torches was held at night.
From this Saturday and until Wednesday, December 12, the usual pilgrimages will continue every day. Most of the pilgrimages will leave parque Teniente Guerrero at Templo St. Francis of Assisi on calle Tercera, turning at calle 5 de Mayo, then up Segunda to the Catedral.
The large pilgrimage that includes the tenants of the "Miguel Hidalgo" market and traders in general, will bring music, launch fireworks and at midnight sing las Mañanitas to the Virgen of Guadalupe, followed by the celebration of a mass scheduled on Tuesday, December 11 at 8 p.m.
On December 12, there will be masses from 7 until 11 a.m., and they will resume from 2 until 7 p.m. At each of these celebrations there will be blessings of roses. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2792312.htm
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Criminal "Cockroach Effect"; Children Fighting Cancer have Christmas Posada — Dec. 21, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Canaco Tecate Celebrates 65th Anniversary; Hospital Juárez Opens Bulimia and Anorexia Clinic — Dec. 17, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Tijuana Prepares for Digital Switchover; 200,000 Visit Basilica of Guadalupe — Dec. 13, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Archbishop is Released from Hospital; Young People of Tijuana and San Diego Volunteer — Nov. 12, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: FreeWiFi Started in TJ; 12,000+ Pirated CDs & DVDs Seized — Sept. 26, 2012