Matt Potter 4:30 p.m., April 28
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Border News Translations: No School Fees; Hit & Run Death
MEXICALI BC (Frontera, Hugo Y. Martinez, 5/15/11) - No child will pay a fee for public education, said Governor of the State, José Guadalupe Osuna Millán. He stressed that for many decades he lived in a demagogy of the education sector because they called for school fees, which are now mandated eliminated. "While I am Governor, no mother of a family or any child will pay registration fees," he said. In the time he has been Governor, Osuna Millán has given grants for a total amount of 100,000 pesos ($8531) to working mothers. He has also invested 750 million pesos ($64 million) in the creation of classrooms and school infrastructure.
TIJUANA BC (Frontera, Ana L. Gomez, 5/15/11) - A person was found dead after being hit by a motorist who fled from delegación de la Presa. There is no information on the person responsible for crime, as he fled from the scene. However, it is known that the car was a brand new white Honda Accord, said transit Municipal police. Sergio Amaya, 16, lost his life when hit by the car traveling in the right lane of calle 3, at the entrance of privada Osos y Cebras, in a direction from East to West. The car changed direction quickly to its right, later climbing the North sidewalk where pedestrian was walking. On Friday, around 9 p.m., Amaya was walking on the North sidewalk when he was hit by the front of the vehicle and projected about 12 meters. The young victim received first aid from Red Cross in Tijuana paramedics who diagnosed him as already dead.
More like this:
- Paid parking lots may go away in Tijuana — Aug. 19, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Migrant Support Resources Costs Millions; 800 Extortion Calls Reported Each Month — Oct. 15, 2012
- The name "Tijuana" is trademarked, says governor of Baja California — July 5, 2012
- Border News: 1 Shot; Shakira Tix; Police have Shoot-out, Break Glass, Get Fired — June 2, 2011
- Border News Translations: $39K Found; Good Sam; Screwdriver Used to Get 50 Pesos — May 10, 2011