Dorian Hargrove 2:30 p.m., April 18
- Community Blog
- Encanto Gas Holder
Making Our Own Solar Panels?
A few days ago, my brother was telling me that people could actually make their own solar panels, and I argued that this could not possibly be so.
I may be very wrong about that.
Today I stumbled on an online ad for the very same idea and had to click it, something I almost never do.
The http://www.earth4energy.com/ web site even includes a video that I haven't yet seen in the haste to post this.
At earth4energy's claim of $200 per solar panel, this is pretty much in the neighborhood of Harbor Freight's current coupon sale price of just under $150 for a square yard of off-grid solar panel ($250 full price).
I will write more after having time to check this all out, right after I look at CPUC's Consumer Protection and Safety Division's filing against Pacific Gas and Electric Company which does not want CPSD collecting its own data on wildfire sources...
A check of my previous Encanto Gas Holder blog posts will reveal more information on personal off-grid solar generation of electricity as an always-on power grid failure option that saves money as more regressive SDG&E rate hikes in the CPUC pipeline get approved in the coming months...
More like this:
- Some Backup Benefits to Off-Grid Solar Panels — Sept. 1, 2010
- City of San Diego Protests SDG&E PeakShift Rate Hike Proposal — Aug. 19, 2010
- Per Watt Savings from Off-Grid Solar Panels Balance SDG&E Proposed Rate Hikes — Aug. 18, 2010
- On "Modular" Off-grid Home Electrical Wiring — April 19, 2010
- Lowering the SDG&E Bill — Dec. 9, 2009