Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., Oct. 20
- Community Blog
- Encanto Gas Holder
Public Comments on National Disaster Recovery Framework to Close Friday
NDRF to be companion to National Response Framework
The draft document: National Disaster Recovery Framework This document will be the guide to how federal priorities will be set in recovering from disasters. Recovery is the part of the emergency management cycle that follows disaster response (see National Response Framework)
Highlights from the Obama administration draft include empowerment of individuals and families. According to the draft, "Recovery is not only about restoration of structures, systems, and services – although they are critical. A successful recovery is also about individuals and families being able to rebound from their losses, and sustain their physical, social, and economic well-being. The shared recovery objective should always be to empower people to recover from disasters by assisting them with compassion and providing them the opportunities and tools to meaningfully participate and contribute to the recovery effort"
All comments must be submitted at www.regulations.gov in Docket FEMA-2010-0004.
More like this:
- All-hazard Local Emergency Response Theory as Emergency Management by Objectives — July 28, 2010
- ISO-Ordered SDG&E Blackout Reveals Grid Vulnerability — April 2, 2010
- Economic Indicators, SDG&E Profits Rise = Sempra Energy Revenue Down 20+%? — March 4, 2010
- FEMA National Advisory Council Nominations are Open — Feb. 11, 2010
- High-Stakes High Wind Power Cutoff Talks Continue — Dec. 19, 2009