Don Bauder 9:02 p.m., July 6
- Community Blog
- 92101 Urban Living
Winter Shelter To Go in The East Village District in Downtown San Diego After All!
The San Diego City Council voted 6-2 to put the Winter Shelter at the same location as last year at 15th Street and Island Avenue in the East Village District in Downtown San Diego. It is still unclear if the shelter will be located at this address at this time, it is up to the private owner to allow it first.
The owner has said that he will not host the winter shelter there this year. If not allowed the shelter will be located at 13th Street and F Street, a site owned by the Centre City Development Corporation.
The shelter will be open from December 2nd, 2009 to late March, 2010 and will cost about $433,000 and hold about 220 beds.
Kevin Faulconer and Ben Hueso, council members, say it is unfair for Downtown San Diego Condo and Downtown San Diego Loft home owners, Downtown San Diego residents and businesses to host the shelter once again.
More like this:
- Broken Promise — Oct. 18, 2009
- Winter Shelter in the East Village District in Downtown San Diego 2010 Rejected! — Sept. 16, 2009
- San Diego City Council Votes to Include San Diego Unified School District in New Downtown San Diego Library! — Aug. 20, 2009
- The Development of the Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge Continues in the East Village District! — Aug. 11, 2009
- Barney's Parting Toast — June 17, 1999