Veronica Remsbottom 8:43 p.m., March 26
- Community Blog
- 92101 Urban Living
Downtown San Diego’s Vantage Pointe is Returning Every Buyer’s Deposits
Buyers of Downtown San Diego’s biggest condo building Vantage Pointe located in the East Village District are getting their money back. Buyers were informed via e-mail that they soon would receive cancellations of their contracts and that their deposits would be returned. Over 70 buyers were supposed to close escrow last weekend and another 125 were to close later this month.
For some buyers this news comes as a good one because they had been anxiously eying their closing dates and reconsidering their decisions in 2004 and 2005 to buy homes in the building. Many buyers had hoped for discounts and other assurances from the builder and in recent weeks the relationship between developers and buyers was getting increasingly ugly.
Some say that this relationship had more to do with their reticence to go through with their purchase than the declining Downtown San Diego real estate market.
For more information visit Voice of San Diego
More like this:
- The City Was Offering Up to $70,000 at 0% Interest — March 21, 2012
- A New Plan for Survival at the Vantage Pointe in the East Village District in Downtown San Diego!! — Aug. 11, 2009
- Cold Condos — May 13, 2009
- America's once Finest City — April 8, 2009
- It's Getting Ugly Downtown — Dec. 3, 2008