Edna St. Vincent Millay 9 p.m., Dec. 24
- Community Blog
Should San Diego Public Schools be Private?
Coronado Middle School is not a public school, at least not in my eyes. You need to be wealthy enough to live in Coronado to attend and this excludes the poor and the middle class - making it a "private public" school. Coronado also has it's own school district. Wealthy people have the power to influence the district lines to keep others out.
I originally posted this in anger over the Coronado district policy on residency that forced my son out of school at a time when he could not be enrolled elsewhere because it was too late in the semester. I believe this policy is wrong. I also believe that money has a lot of power and bad policies are often made for financial gain.
More like this:
- Sweetwater District Leaving The CIF San Diego Section? — April 5, 2013
- How the Rich Steal from Schools — Aug. 11, 2010
- School Fees Are Illegal — March 17, 2010
- Uniform Agreement — March 22, 2007
- It Was the Biggest Mystery — Oct. 24, 2002