As I sat down to type this blog, all prepared with a topic at hand, I hear that idiot Keith Olbermann talking about Jimmy Carter. The man that was one of the worst Presidents in history, has officially become one of the worst ex-presidents in history.

Don't get me wrong, his humanitarian work is unparalleled. I think he has the biggest heart, and cares more about his fellow man, than perhaps any other President.

But I thought it was bad form when he was always knocking Bush during speaking engagements in other countries. And now, for him to claim that racism is behind peoples complaints about Obama and health care, is just disgusting.

I don't doubt there's still racism in this country. But come on! We elected a black man President!

The thing to keep in mind is...half the country didn't vote for him, and they'll be complaining about anything he does. And with his health care ideas and bail outs, it seems they might have some valid points. It has nothing to do with race. I'm guessing if Hillary was in office, they'd be claiming it was their hatred of women that causes disruptions and disrespect at town hall meetings.

But those political idiots aren't who I'm hear to gripe about. It's the idiots in the Ukraine.

Elton John and his male partner wanted to adopt an HIV-positive boy from an orphanage as part of an anti-AIDS charity project.

The 14-month-old boy won't get to cal Sir Elton "daddy", because the Ukraine government said that the star is too old and isn't married.

They require a parent to be no more than 45-years older than an adopted child. Elton is 62 (although his hair is a spritely 11-years-old).

I think that law, under normal circumstances, probably makes a lot of sense. But it seems they should make an exception here.

And they have to ask themselves...is anyone else going to want to adopt a boy from the Ukraine that has AIDS? If the answer is no, why not let this one go?

More like this:

Comments

CuddleFish Sept. 16, 2009 @ 8:15 a.m.

If they are allowing, even helping, women to have babies at 60-whatevever, I don't see where the issue is in allowing a man to adopt in his early sixties. Young age is not a guarantee you'll be around to raise a child. Marriage is not a guarantee you won't be divorced. My understanding is Sir John's been with his partner a number of years. But hey, I'm sure the kid is much better off in his orphanage than with two old fat loving gay guys with more money, time, and talent than they know what to do with.

CuddleFish Sept. 16, 2009 @ 8:20 a.m.

And as for Carter, he was a good President, but his bitterness about losing has turned him into a first class idiot. At first, I thought he meant the "You lie!" comment was racist against illegal immigrants, which would have been absolutely on the mark. But to say it was racist against Obama is simply playing the race card to draw attention to himself as the self-styled Savior of America. Jimmah, sit down and shut up, please.

Josh Board Sept. 16, 2009 @ 11:21 a.m.

Fish, it's a great point you make about the 60-year-old women, but here's the flaw with it. The 60-year-old women are PAYING fertility doctors to have kids. It's the same reason that idiot Octomom had all those kids. She paid. I'm sure the doctor knew (and just didn't care) that it would be a burder for her to have multiple children, when she already had a bunch of kids (and no husband to help her out).

Carter wasn't a good President. When he was running, he talked about...dang, I was only 8 or 9, so I don't remember the jargon, but something about how inflation or something was at 10%, and if it's ever over 8%, the person in office as President shouldn't be. He then became President, and it got even higher than that!

He also was involved in a number of other disasters (hostages, gas prices), and he got involved in arguments about who on his staff was going to use the tennis courts at certain times. Geez...and people complain if Obama comments on pop-culture news stories like Kanye West. At least he isn't wasting time worrying about petty fights in the White House. And besides, what was wrong with Obama saying Kanye was a "jackass"? Not only was he, but that's not ever a curse! Now, had the President said "Kanye was a total a-hole!" Then it might be a story.

fernidad Sept. 16, 2009 @ 6:28 p.m.

I'll take him (Lev)!

The House of Hohenzollern King Fernidad Friedrich

thestoryteller Sept. 16, 2009 @ 7:29 p.m.

I heard that Elton John wasn't enthusuastic about adopting until this little boy captured his heart. I'm against impulse adoption. I think he should let it pass. If he wasn't interested in it enough to pursue it until he was 62, I'm against it.

Jimmy Carter hasn't got the brains of a billy goat.

Josh Board Sept. 17, 2009 @ 11:33 a.m.

Well storyteller, I heard that as well. And I remember being in my early 20s, and wanting to adopt a black cat for a girlfriends mother that had just had her black cat die after 15 years. And they wouldn't let me get an animal for someone else, for various reasons. So yes, "impulse adoption" probably isn't a good idea normally.

But again, the child will be better off than the orphanage. And, if Elton John gets "tired" of the kid, and moves on to other things, like sequine encrusted piano he has to have...well, he'll just pass the kid off on a nanny to take care of. And again, the child will be better off than the orphanage.

Regarding Jimmy Carter...I just don't understand why he doesn't realize, how bad it always sounds when he opens his mouth on this various topics. I mean, Obama got a lot of crap for saying Kanye West was a "jackass", and that's a statement we all agree with. When you're a President (or ex-President), people expect more out of you.

But on top of that, Carter is completely wrong, in lumping all these people into a "racist" category.