I guess I should start this blog by saying....the number one reason people don't want to watch a David Letterman sex video is:

He just coughs and laughs uncomfortably, before throwing pencils at the camera. And the next guest on the show....Paris Hilton.

(here comes the admission).

When I did the blog yesterday, I hadn't even fleshed out the idea completely. When I started doing the Top 10 list, I realized I didn't have enough ideas and was in way over my head. So I thru that cliffhanger in. Not on purpose, but to bide a bit of time.

I actually figured I'd just skip it today, but then I gave it the ol' college try. And after spending 10 minutes trying to think of a #1 reason, that lame one posted above is all I got. Believe me, I tried. But being a writer isn't always easy. I mean, things popped into my mind. There just has to be something with "Stupid pet tricks"...but hey, it's hard on a Saturday afternoon, when I'm 15 minutes away from the movie we're going to.

I did want to blog about an email that was sent to me. It's from a Craigslist ad in Brooklyn.

A guy mentioned his favorite scene in The Empire Strikes Back, being one in which Chewbacca carries a half complete C3PO. And to complete his costume, he wants a C3PO. He says that he's big and strong, and can carry a C3 around. But he's looking for a double amputee, preferrably missing both legs at the hip.

He also suggests they meet before hand, to work out the backpack/harness system they'll be using.

The best part for the amputee, I'm guessing...is that you can drink and have someone carry you around all night. And who knows, this jackass might some day open a bar, and want dwarves and amputees for tossing purposes.

Speaking of costumes, I saw on CNN that the Balloon Boy ones are popular. It's easy enough to take a cardboard box you can wear. If you want to get really creative, you can write "We did it for the show" on the side.

Not sure how hard it would be to get a silver maylar balloon that looked like that spaceship.

I'm just hoping our Jon and Kate Gosslin costumes work. Our Sonny and Cher looked great last year, but not enough people knew I was Sonny (I guess Cher had so many husbands, that a person with a 60s shirt and huge goofy mustache, next to Cher, could confuse a lot of people)

Comments

redsoxfan Oct. 24, 2009 @ 3:03 p.m.

I'm back! Finally...it only took nearly a year....I promise I'll be better about commenting! :-) Have to admit though, your number reason isn't very good. But at least you realized it. I think when you do dress up, you should take a pic and place a poll and see if people recognize you. If the Cher was that good, then something went wrong with your costume! And I have no idea who Jon and Kate Gosslin are....guess I will have to Google them...sad how a noun has become a verb...kind of like Facebook...

jfkali Oct. 24, 2009 @ 3:46 p.m.

Yep...number 1 was lame.

I want to see some pictures of you two in last year's costumes!! Show us!

Then you will also have to show us this year's.

antigeekess Oct. 24, 2009 @ 6:14 p.m.

All I've got to say is, if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then neighborhood blogger FullFlavorPike should be feeling pretty flattered right now.

Craigslist and Costumes and Blogs! Oh My!!!

Josh Board Oct. 24, 2009 @ 9:21 p.m.

Anti...never saw this blog. Or, I should say, I saw one a long time ago about this person doing Craigslist. So, what's your point? Nobody else can blog about something unusual on Craigslist? Are you that moronic? I'm betting someone else out there did a Top 10 list on David Letterman having affairs. Or having a sex tape. Most ideas other people are going to have as well. But the funniest thing of all is...the fact that I just went to those two links you posted. And, his blogs are NOTHING like the one I wrote. In fact, he doesn't even mention the story I'm writing about here. Go play with your cat and sort mail, you dope.

Redsox...the worst part about that Top 10 list having a weak number one (although Lettermans #1s are often weak, too). I just thought of a better one five minutes ago. It would be: Uma, Oprah. Oprah, Uma.

And the reason the Sonny and Cher didn't work so well...parties with 23 year old kids, that aren't familiar with them as a couple (a few didn't know who Soupy Sales was, when I brought up his death)...but I tried to combine how Sonny died, by hitting a tree while skiing. So, I had ski goggles around my neck, tree branches out of my back, and fake blood on my face. I probably looked more like a zombie than Sonny Bono.

antigeekess Oct. 24, 2009 @ 10:51 p.m.

Predictably, Board protested: "And, his blogs are NOTHING like the one I wrote."

Except that his blogs are based on Craigslist (which is a new DAILY blog, since September) and he did a couple regarding Costumes (one of which won a Best Neighborhood Blog prize in September), you mean? Is that how your blog, entitled "Craigslist Craziness -- The Costume Edition," is NOTHING like his?

Other than that, I'd certainly agree with you that your blog is "NOTHING" like his. His are well-written and entertaining.

antigeekess Oct. 24, 2009 @ 11:44 p.m.

Put 'em away, Pete. I'm done. He's busted, he knows it, and there's no reason for me to hang around and listen to his name-calling. I got enough of that s*** from him months ago.

Tsk, tsk. Paid staff ripping off the neighborhood bloggers. What's wrong with this picture?

buggers off to read better blogs

Josh Board Oct. 25, 2009 @ 1:25 a.m.

Yeah anti...I stole the blog idea from a blog I never read.

When I started doing blogs, my big concern was that I'd accidentally do something that appeared in News of the Weird. But we've yet to cover the same wacky news stories. And I realized that if we ever did, so what. I've sometimes seen Leno and Letterman do the exact same joke. Not because one stole from the other, but some weird stories warrant jokes; whether that's Balloon Boy, weird Craigs List ad, or whatever.

So, not sure how I got "busted" for something I never read. But ya know what? I just Googled the Letterman Top 10, and I see another blogger somewhere did a Top 10 on the same subject (surprisingly, a lot less funny than mine). Comedians have a name for it. I believe it's something like "parallel thinking".

Pete...pass the popcorn to anti, while she goes off to read better blogs, continues to gain weight eating the buttered popcorn, and then complaining like she did, that only "black guys" like her.

Josh Board Oct. 25, 2009 @ 1:28 a.m.

P.S. It just occured to me, I did a blog about five days ago on costumes. Maybe I ripped off my own idea!

PistolPete Oct. 25, 2009 @ 2:13 a.m.

Just wait until I catch up on my current life on my blog. It'll sound something similar to this:

Woke up today around 3am. I really need to get more than 4-5 hours of sporadic sleep a day. Walked outside. Scratched my ass. Farted REALLY loud. Smoked a cigarette. Checked the usual haunts. Farted again. Made my daily trades hoping for better returns than yesterday. Farted again.mental note:quit eating so crappy. McDonald's,JIB,BK and Carls Jr WILL kill me long before the Marlboros will. Drank a beer. Went back and laid down for an hour. Got bored. Masturbated. Took a shower. Farted while drying off. Dried nutsack a little long.

towelheadedcameljockey Oct. 26, 2009 @ 5:01 p.m.

Josh - I thought the same thing when I saw the title, but then saw the content was different. This story actually has been covered by a few sources so figured we were just getting your spin on the reported story, as usual. However, it seems like you should be able to explain that without resorting to name calling which is on par with a four year olds preschool playground fight.

Josh Board Oct. 27, 2009 @ 2:10 a.m.

Yeah, I guess name calling is childish. But when someone is accusing me of "stealing" from another source on this website, well...thems fightin' words.

Besides, off the top of my head, I can tell you in previous blogs, I've mentioned things like "I read this in Dear Abby" or "In the Union-Tribune this morning," and, I've mentioned seeing stories in the LA Times, the New Yorker, a Dave Barry book, a list of top songs in Rolling Stone, or worst villians in a movie mag, something I heard on KGB, or Jim Rome...an item I read in City Beat, or saw on Saturday Night Live; and on our own website, I've mentioned blogs that would've been more appropriate in News of the Weird, Jay Allen Sanfords blog, or even Matthew Alice.

So why in the world would I "steal" an idea about a story on Craigslist, and NOT mention "I got the idea from a guys blog on this site." I simply wouldn't do that, because it's easy enough to mention that.

KarenBP Nov. 7, 2009 @ 8:31 p.m.

Craigslist by "Weird Al." See it on YouTube.