On MSN.com there was a story out of Texas that I loved.

Prosecutors are going to charge a woman that has called 911 over 30 times in a six month period. All of those times were for non-emergency reasons (including the time her husband wouldn’t eat his dinner).

I’d like to know…what did she cook that night? Liver, tongue, borscht, balut…

The 53-year-old woman also yelled to officers about things that happened two weeks ago.

Over in Ohio a woman called 911. Wanna guess as to the reason why?

Attempted rape? Carjacking? Nope.

Her 6-year-old daughter was trying to boost a package of stickers from a store. And this idiotic mom decided it would teach her kid a lesson.

Sure, there have been worse parents…but that chain of logic is so baffling on so many levels.

The stickers equaled about $3, and it cost the mom a trip to the police station to “bail out” her kid. Okay, well…not really “bail out.” The child was released to her.

Do you want to know the best part of the story? This 31-year-old dingbat asked the store if they’d give her the $30 reward, which they offer for turning in shoplifters.

More like this:

Comments

thestoryteller Dec. 25, 2009 @ 10:39 a.m.

You must have missed the story from last week. A mother called 911 because her son wouldn't stop playing computer games. All of this suggests that the government should set up a psychiatric hotline, manned by counselors, that people can call when they are fed up and desperate.

KarenBP Dec. 26, 2009 @ 5:39 p.m.

Poor 911 ... almost makes me feel sorry for them!

Josh Board Dec. 26, 2009 @ 5:56 p.m.

Didn't miss it, Story. I covered it a few blogs back. I think I make a joke about it being Grand Theft Auto that was being played.

cold666pack Jan. 3, 2010 @ 11:36 a.m.

This piece reminds me of this lady I recently traveled on a cruise with. She's a miserable old bat that is super wealthy and so feels entitled about everything. She would get in an elevator and if people didn't get out of her way she'd say "Excuse you". It was so obnoxious that instead of living in constant dread because of her actions, I decided I must write them down for future reference and perhaps a very entertaining story some day. Anyhoo - she is one of those types that if she has any problem, or complaint, say...her phone rang at 3 in the morning and it happened to be a wrong number....this old bag doesn;t just want to complain to say...guest relations, she must complain to THE CAPTAIN OF THE SHIP. Yup. There are a lotta folks like this out tehre, where they refuse to work through the chain of command, and insist on calling the president of the united states if their naighbors grass is an eighth of an inch too long. I hate people like this, always looking for others to solve their problems and i know this has little to do with your piece, but it reminded me of my misery on the high seas with this witch of a woman. so there.

Josh Board Jan. 3, 2010 @ 2:27 p.m.

Why not call the woman out on her actions? Especially someone like that, who isn't a neighbor you have to see regularly.

PistolPete Jan. 4, 2010 @ 12:18 a.m.

Reminds me of the best comeback to put someone like this in their place...

This is an actual 5 second exchange of thoughts with some random old hag outside a medical building here in Escondido not too long ago:

Old Hag-"Excuse you!!

Me-"EXCUSE YOU!!!!"

Old Hag-"Why I never!!!"

Me-"With that attitude, you never wiil..."