Ian Anderson 3 p.m., April 23
- Community Blog
- Daily Crasher
Our Idiotic Legal System (the anti-Fred and Rickey Says blog)
I'm going to make this blog short. I just can't write much on this or I'm going to go nuts.
I heard an L.A. radio show today, before the Lakers/Celts game, -- they were talking about a case from 2005. I guess in Anaheim, some dude was running from the cops. They hit him with their car. He injured his leg during that. So, what did he do? You guessed it. He sued.
He won $2.5 million.
Well, he just got arrested for breaking his parole, and hanging out with gang members. He's now in jail (still with his millions).
His probation officer didn't speak with the media, but mentioned in a previous interview that he tried to get the guy to invest the money, and move into a better neighborhood.
But, this is the wonderfully crappy legal system we got. You can commit crimes and flee from the police. And, if they hurt you in their attempt to arrest you, you might become a millionaire.
Tim Russert wrote a book about his dad working hard at two jobs, one a garbage collector, to raise 10 kids.
Maybe it's easier to run from cops, and hope you get injured.
More like this:
- The Diaper Darling -- Astronauts Gone Wild — Nov. 12, 2009
- Drunks in Duluth (or The Cops Was After My Hot Rod La-Z-Boy) — Oct. 25, 2009
- Prison Inmates (Dedicated to Dominick Dunne) — Aug. 27, 2009
- Famous Faces in the News -- Dylan, Pitino, Phelps, George Michael — Aug. 17, 2009
- R. Kelly -- R U Serious???? — June 15, 2008