there is a new blurb under the make a comment section of comments

We prohibit profanity, libel, spam, racial epithets, and the harassment and abuse of others. Any off-topic comments stand a chance of being removed. In other words: talk about the site content, not each other.

you see i have a favorite blogger here...an elderly gent of great understanding and a plethora of knowledge of politics (federal..state and county) as he's been a journalist of some note for a very long time

no i'm not telling u how long!!!

suffice it to say he like me is in someways "older then dirt"

here's my dilemma...i know little about politics in spite of my advancing age and intelligence...and when i visit this fellas blog i often go completely off subject

i kid with him...flirt brazenly with him (altho i completely respect his long term happy marriage)...i post a poem in his comments if the subject matter seems appropriate...we discuss and sing POOH songs together...and i offer to buy products he has stocks in to keep them from falling in the stock market...hahahahaha

i just generally play with this more then lovely man

i have e-mailed him thru the reader to ask if my shenanigans r tiring to him and he has said "no they aren't"

i have also told him that any time he sees fit he should delete my comment...and in print he has resoundingly said he won't

but now i'm wondering...not just about commenting to this gentleman ...but to many i comment to...because i'm kinda a court jester around here...even if u can't see my funny pointy hat or hear the bells ringing

Image

i'm kinda feeling that people like me might be banished from the READER Kingdom

maybe a READER blogger shouldn't be comic relief

Comments

MsGrant July 2, 2010 @ 3:34 p.m.

What, are you kidding, Nan?? Even the tragedies had a clown!! I don't think the Reader admin's intent was to take an electric guitar and put a big, red cirle/slash through it (the universal sign for "no fun allowed"!! Be your wonderful self, Nan!! I hear bells......

nan shartel July 2, 2010 @ 3:43 p.m.

thx much Grantie...here another hat for u homey..wear it in good standing with the likes of me cutie!!!

MsGrant July 2, 2010 @ 3:52 p.m.

Tinkle, tinkle...lovin' me some jester hat!!

God, my first post there was full of typos. Sorry about that. I guess I am just excited about being able to post again!!

nan shartel July 2, 2010 @ 3:58 p.m.

speeling is not my forte...hahahahahahahahahaha

nan shartel July 2, 2010 @ 4 p.m.

ya know grantie...recently i left a comment about Matteos sox puppet who wasn't suppose to be speeling well

i said he was just attention getting footwear

that's the kind of comments i leave

lordy lordy!!

Jay Allen Sanford July 2, 2010 @ 10:45 p.m.

The new admonition about comment etiquette doesn't mean Admin will be cutting more comments - I'm fairly sure they'll remain reluctant to dish out a cyber-spanking, unless/until someone egregiously breaks the rules.

The only difference is that the comment rules are now clear to any and all commentators --- the rest of the song remains the same!

antigeekess July 3, 2010 @ 12:23 a.m.

sniff, sniff My, it smells a bit better in here today. Wonder why that is? ;)

I see comments #7 & #8 have been removed above. Aw, shucks.

I'm sure you're not regarded as one of the problem children around here, nanners. Where DO you come up with some of your pics?

nan shartel July 3, 2010 @ 11:46 a.m.

thx Jay Allen

i appreciate the real update...but this is meant to be comic relief homey

nan shartel July 3, 2010 @ 11:51 a.m.

auntie G ur a crazy woman...i notice 13..14..and 15..have been deleted 2

and stop smelling my feet ...it turns me on