have a magical weekend homeys

make it a project to try to FLY

Vanilla Twilight by Owl City

The stars lean down to kiss you

And I lie awake and miss you

Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly

But I'll miss your arms around me

I'd send a postcard to you, dear

'Cause I wish you were here

I'll watch the night turn light-blue

But it's not the same without you

Because it takes two to whisper quietly

The silence isn't so bad 'Til I look at my hands and feel sad

'Cause the spaces between my fingers

Are right where yours fit perfectly

I'll find repose in new ways

Though I haven't slept in two days

'Cause cold nostalgia

Chills me to the bone

But drenched in vanilla twilight

I'll sit on the front porch all night

Waist-deep in thought because

When I think of you I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone, I don't feel so alone

As many times as I blink

I'll think of you tonight

I'll think of you tonight

When violet eyes get brighter

And heavy wings grow lighter

I'll taste the sky and feel alive again

And I'll forget the world that I knew

But I swear I won't forget you

Oh, if my voice could reach

Back through the past

I'd whisper in your ear

Oh darling, I wish you were here

~~still wishin and missin' u fisherman~~

Comments

Jay Allen Sanford April 23, 2010 @ 5:06 p.m.

Wow, how'd Owl City get into my office to shoot that video?! Right down to my keyboard 'n' toys (note also my Twilight Zone collection...)

I surely must qualify as one of those "Kids Out There in Grown Up Clothing" - my job description literally includes the phrase "plays with crayons" ---

Great vids, thanks for posting, and "magical weekend" backatcha!

CuddleFish April 23, 2010 @ 5:09 p.m.

Wow, jayallen, you are a very tidy person.

nan shartel April 23, 2010 @ 5:13 p.m.

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...i knew it Jay Allen...i love boys who dream...and don't grow up and u my man certainly qualify...

~~ i play with watercolor paints~~

got any acid free watercolor paper handy???

best JayAllen

nan shartel April 23, 2010 @ 5:14 p.m.

er...um...was dat bed doin' in ur office Jay Allen???

MsGrant April 23, 2010 @ 5:44 p.m.

Well, Jay is a product of the '70's.....

Cool pad! Is that a wall of mixed tapes?

Jay Allen Sanford April 23, 2010 @ 5:44 p.m.

That's the problem with having a home office - I never get to "go home." Work IS home!

I'm strictly Bristol board and Strathmore, rather than watercolor - but I'll share my crayons 'n' acrylics! I got bunches --

nan shartel April 23, 2010 @ 8:11 p.m.

supercool for 'tooning Jay

superfine sandpaper for Pastels...the pastels really stick!!!

i got bunches of those 2...i've never worked with acrylics except for the paint pens...which u probably use cartooning

yikes...u have long gorgeous hair!!!

nan shartel April 23, 2010 @ 8:17 p.m.

and Grantie...JA is a product of the 70's????

aren't we all ???

SDaniels April 23, 2010 @ 8:53 p.m.

re: #8: So true, but...we still get to work at home! That's worth everything. I happily mix my two lives, working while watching Top Chef with the hubby, or between loads of laundry :)

SDaniels April 23, 2010 @ 9:35 p.m.

Oh, and thanks for revising with intro, nan. That poem is achingly sweet.

Joe Poutous April 24, 2010 @ 7:15 a.m.

What do you paint Nan?

"mixed tapes" HA!!

• Joe

nan shartel April 24, 2010 @ 7:39 a.m.

thx SDaniels...Owl City is different but lovely i think...i never got to work at home...mores the pity..and i think all of u who do r lucky pups

nan shartel April 24, 2010 @ 7:49 a.m.

Joe...i watercolor and do pastels...no oil or acrylics ...i sketch when i'm out and about...draw dogs cats..people and scenes...what ever catches my fancy...i also do things strictly from my imagination...have done some cartooning

i had a small comic strip for a while about my dog Handsome...a Queenland Heeler and my Bengal cat Pippi

he was the dignified one...she was his BOSS...as cats always r...in real life he was her protector and took her for walks down Main St

she was the only cat allowed to go into every store while Handsome had to wait outside ;-)

if she got too interested in the merchandise Handsome had to bark her out

Jay Allen Sanford April 24, 2010 @ 10:06 a.m.

i had a small comic strip for a while about my dog Handsome...

Wild, my first comic strips were about my dog, too! I still have a few around here that my mom salvaged from the garbage after I moved from home to CA --- I think I stole most of the setups from Peanuts/Snoopy comics, but you can never go wrong with a cartoon dog.......

u have long gorgeous hair

Thanks - I'm hoping it'll be the same color as yours soon! While hibernating out east last winter, I almost got my first haircut since 1977. But then I realized the hair was the only thing keeping my ears from freezing off ---

nan shartel April 24, 2010 @ 1:52 p.m.

lord have mercy Jay...don't cut ur hair!!!!!!...my Pippi and Handsome cartooning looked like the 2 of them in real life

one was about how upset Pippi was to move out of a 100 year old hotel/whorehouse/boarding house because it was a great mouse hunting ground and she liked how people just dropped in and made themselves at home if they were to drunk to drive out of town...or there was black ice on the road

she was skeptical of the black ice (in the comic strip) and Handsome would have to chase her out into the middle of the street to get see if she could maintain her catlike traction...if she couldn't she'd give the visitor a sandpaper kiss and they could stay the night

it wasn't unusual to find coffee brewing by someone who'd wander in at 2 or 3AM...to start the coffee at 5AM

i never minded the bachelor farmers and cowboys coming in to sleep if needed

the doors were never locked..and our keys hung permanently in our car...it was that kind of town just simple down home honesty and hospitality

the best part was that each of our nite visitors (who were mostly over 80) would tell us tales of the history of the house

we found out it was a whorehouse in the 1800's and sat way outside of the town proper...altho it was only 4 blks from the current downtown area when we lived there.... each room had a different number..that should have tipped us off...hahahahahahahaha

oh i could tell u ssssssssssssssooooooooooooooo many stories about "The Ole Home Hotel"

we were its only occupants when we lived there...it was a big old ramshackled 2 story building with one renovated apartment down stairs that we lived in

someday if any of u want i will tell u some of the stories

nan shartel April 24, 2010 @ 2:45 p.m.

thx Joe..i've never put any on this computer...i think i may have some in Photobucket...i'll check

MsGrant April 24, 2010 @ 5:05 p.m.

Nan, we would love to hear your stories!! It sounds like you have lived an interesting life.

nan shartel April 24, 2010 @ 10:11 p.m.

Joe i found one sketch in Photobucket...but i'm gonna have to rescan them..in storage here..don't hold ur breath...i'll put the one i found up tomorrow or Monday

OK???

nan shartel April 24, 2010 @ 10:13 p.m.

OK Grantie and Cuddles ...i'll try to organize my thoughts enough to do them justice...hahahahaha...stories to come then

Joe Poutous April 25, 2010 @ 8:20 a.m.

"i'll put the one i found up tomorrow or Monday"

I'm holding my breath

SDaniels April 25, 2010 @ 1:02 p.m.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear about and see drawings of your Pippi! Reminds me of a Siamese we had growing up--from dignity to adventuresome nature :)

nan shartel April 27, 2010 @ 9:50 p.m.

i'm gonna have to hunt thru so many boxes Sdaniels..remember what i told u about my Photobucket being hacked..everything was gone..i got my picture poems back..but the cartooning along with several years of Mandela-ing were lost..i have the originals but have to hunt them up