Image

i got this in the mail today..i completely understood the message..i mean after all...GOD gets pretty sick of all the human judgement(like judge not lest ye be judged)....

all the unwillingness to to treat one's neighbor as myself (the Golden Rule)....

and any number of other commandments people break right and left at their own discretion

stealing...bad business wall street ..banks ..insurance companies ...corporate America etc ad nauseam

killing...everywhere..all the time..for any numbers of mostly made up reasons

adultery...hey i don't need to bring any of u up to date about all this kind of stuff

i guess i thought GOD ..like many of us..had become immune to all of the world wide bad behavior...but i think today he'd just had his fill when

our President won the Nobel Prize for Peace and lots of people thought that was a good enough reason to unload their negative bull on him about not being worthy of it

DANG ....EVEN GOD HIMSELF MADE PROMISES WE WOULDN'T KEEP WHERE PEACE IS CONCERNED

PEACE is a global thing homeys ...and it looks like many other nations around the world think he has open that dialogue in a sensitive and respectable way...

this blog is of course to some extent is tongue in cheek...but it is really something to think seriously about

who does deserve or not deserve to receive a Nobel Peace Prize and who has the right to challenge the selection???

Comments

PistolPete Oct. 9, 2009 @ 5:38 p.m.

I can certainly respect your feelings on this,nan but the NPP has become so political in the last 25 years or so that people can't help talking about it. Our prez is doing a so-so job so far. I understand it takes awhile to clean up some huge messes and that ok. The Nobel Peace Prize though? If he was any kind of man,he'd have the decency and respect to either turn it down or tell them to wait until he's actually done something. Our world is seriously in the s***ter when Obama is so revered for doing absolutely nothing that their handing out NPPs so willy-nilly. What's next? The Congressional Medal of Honor?

nan shartel Oct. 9, 2009 @ 5:49 p.m.

i understand Pete...and he doesn't have a long term highly identifiable record of peaceful behavior beyond just the kind u and i might have with those around us..PEACE BROTHER...and in his neighborhood with the humanitarian work he accomplished there

and his willingness to verbally adhere to the concept of the whole world of humans needing to view themselves as citizens of the world instead of just easy to snipe at nationalities

i think Obama's started a new view that may help to remove the stumbling blocks of territorialism from the PEACE process...it's new...and will take a while to catch on...but i hope some will take a deep breath and watch it grow

instant gratification got us into many of the messes were in today

a longer view has some worthy factors..patience is the key

nan shartel Oct. 9, 2009 @ 5:53 p.m.

i just read my own comment and 2 things occur to me

1) yes i do buy UNICEF cards to send out at Christmas...hahahahaha

2)maybe i am going into my second childhood....hahahahahahaha

but i still am hopeful about my original statement

PistolPete Oct. 9, 2009 @ 5:53 p.m.

What's so ironic about the prize itself is that until humans are replaced by robots(not too far off the mark),there will NEVER be peace on Earth and for that I'm glad. It's not that I'm opposed to peace on principle,it's just that after millions of years with death and destruction,wouldn't it be a tad weird having peace all of a sudden. The world would be a VERY boring place if everyone agreed with one another.

CuddleFish Oct. 9, 2009 @ 5:57 p.m.

The Committee certainly does have the right to give their Prizes to whomever they want whenever they want for whatever reasons they may choose to put forward.

And the rest of us have the right to scratch our heads and go, Huh????????? Wha?????????

As to the memo from God, She's such a kidder!!!

PistolPete Oct. 9, 2009 @ 6:07 p.m.

There's nthing wrong with a second childhood,nan! ;-D

nan shartel Oct. 9, 2009 @ 6:22 p.m.

i agree Pete...and i don't think even robots could be trusted 'cause we already have fuzzy logic and all kinds of human stuff programed into their systems

would peace bore me...i don't know quite honestly...but I'd take my chances...there's all kinds of possibilities for creativity if the kinds of negativity that hampers PEACE were removed

nan shartel Oct. 9, 2009 @ 6:27 p.m.

cuddlefish...u b right...GOD is a kidder...and thank goodness SHE is...hahahahahahhaha

and as my old Irish Da use to say about politics in general "each of us to our own opinion said the old lady as she kissed the cow"

ya know i never did understand that...hahahahahaha

SDaniels Oct. 9, 2009 @ 6:31 p.m.

Nan: "willingness to verbally adhere to the concept of the whole world of humans needing to view themselves as citizens of the world instead of just easy to snipe at nationalities

i think Obama's started a new view..."

I think Nan has some great points. Rhetoric counts for quite a bit still in our world, and in order to bring people on board with a plan, it takes a lot of talk. A willingness to verbally adhere to concepts of political and social inclusion, and to campaign to change citizens' global views--that is a huge start toward a peace process that actually has a shot at working...

nan shartel Oct. 9, 2009 @ 6:53 p.m.

yes SDaniels..it has to start somewhere doesn't it...and altho it may seem strange even tho some would rather rock throw for even semi legitimate reasons at someone like Obama...one of the reasons i side to some extent with the she GOD about this is that Obama seem to have the staying power to face the missiles and wait for intelligent changes in those who don't believe or understand the process...i think he has staying power

I'm a great believer in the Margaret Mead process of socialization with unknown and unreceptive cultures

1. put up a tent on the boundaryline of the tribe 2.don't go into the tribe territory 3.let the tribal members come around and investigate ur daily doings 4.if they take u back to their village..be respectful and play by their rules 5.until they see some of the sense in some of urs and change to accommodate some of them

SDaniels Oct. 9, 2009 @ 7:06 p.m.

...and something we've learned from the experiences of Mead and other cultural anthropologists is that "a--" and "--pologist" is a big part of the job :) You can't please all of the people all of the time, but with careful steps taken such as you describe, AND a willingness to examine one's own motives and prejudgements in learning about another culture, you will have better, more honest communication--and success :)

nan shartel Oct. 9, 2009 @ 7:11 p.m.

now about that ballroom dancing in the park....hahahahahahaha

SDaniels Oct. 9, 2009 @ 7:45 p.m.

YES! We are so going to have to look into that! I have a lot going on this particular weekend, and have to try and get the energy together to visit some people out of town, but let's do it. I have taken a few dance classes, and a few lessons with the "man," but it's been quite a while...

antigeekess Oct. 9, 2009 @ 8:50 p.m.

Pete pecked:

"The world would be a VERY boring place if everyone agreed with one another."

Everyone doesn't have to agree with one another. Just stop killing each other when we don't.

The only agreement in peace is the agreement to disagree.

antigeekess Oct. 9, 2009 @ 8:59 p.m.

"Rhetoric counts for quite a bit still in our world, and in order to bring people on board with a plan, it takes a lot of talk. A willingness to verbally adhere to concepts of political and social inclusion, and to campaign to change citizens' global views--that is a huge start toward a peace process that actually has a shot at working..."

Amen to that. I was about as surprised as Obama himself this morning, I think. It 'does' seem premature, but in terms of global impact and a turn in consciousness, I think it's possible that Obama's probably is greater -- based simply on his presence and rhetoric. Even if he hasn't "done" much yet.

Of course, I don't know who the other nominees were. It's hard to imagine any of them having a greater impact than the President of the U.S., however.

rickeysays Oct. 9, 2009 @ 9:06 p.m.

Dear God, Hope you got the letter, And I pray you can make it better down here. I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer, But all the people that you made in your image, See them starving on their feet, 'Cause they don't get enough to eat From God, I can't believe in you. Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but I feel that I should be heard loud and clear. We all need a big reduction in amount of tears, And all the people that you made in your image, See them fighting in the street, 'Cause they can't make opinions meet, About God, I can't believe in you. Did you make disease, and the diamond blue? Did you make mankind after we made you? And the devil too! Dear God, Don't know if you noticed, But your name is on a lot of quotes in this book. Us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look, And all the people that you made in your image, Still believing that junk is true. Well I know it ain't and so do you, Dear God, I can't believe in, I don't believe in, I won't believe in heaven and hell. No saints, no sinners, No Devil as well. No pearly gates, no thorny crown. You're always letting us humans down. The wars you bring, the babes you drown. Those lost at sea and never found, And it's the same the whole world 'round. The hurt I see helps to compound, that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, Is just somebody's unholy hoax, And if you're up there you'll perceive, That my heart's here upon my sleeve. If there's one thing I don't believe in... It's you, Dear God.

XTC Dear God lyrics

antigeekess Oct. 9, 2009 @ 9:44 p.m.

Re #18:

Always good to see beautiful Kurt again.

But posting that link here, on nan's blog entry about Prezzie Obama?

Please explain.

CuddleFish Oct. 9, 2009 @ 10:07 p.m.

Oh I must have misunderstood. I thought the thread was about God.

"Where do bad folks go when they die? They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry. See them again on the Fourth of July."

SDaniels Oct. 10, 2009 @ 12:32 a.m.

Nan spoke both of god and Obama, so it's all good to go.

Joe Poutous Oct. 10, 2009 @ 7:39 a.m.

Like I said in the other thread... Obama has an uphill battle on his hands.

They are all on the take. They all get off on power. They are all self centered bastards.

I think that I was hoping that Obama would be able to transcend all of this and get things done... That is the Change that I was looking for.

McCain would not have had a chance... well, maybe the McCain from 6 years ago, but not the dude that he has become.

The President can't do it alone, you know. - Joe

nan shartel Oct. 10, 2009 @ 11:44 a.m.

thx everyone for ur moderate behavior here...it's nice to have a "thinking out loud place" where our opinions r more important then my opinion

have a great weekend all