Mike Madriaga 1:31 p.m., Sept. 27
Name That Logo: Deluxe Warner Bros. Edition
In other parts of town the lion roared, the tower beeped, and the world turned with machinelike regularity and precision. Of all the major Hollywood studios, Warner Bros. was the one most likely to allow graphic designers to let loose and toy with their emblem.
Below are 15 shields begging to be identified. This time I made it easy on you by relaxing my normally tight constraints to include films released after 1936. There are even a comic book picture or three on the list!
For my money, the hardest one is #14. The only way you'd guess it is if you had to bear the 2010 boo boo it prefaced, and that I wouldn't wish on a pic-a-nic basket. 1 down and 14 to go.
Remember, this is your last chance to beat the other couples. If you don't know, guess.
More like this:
- Anatomy of an ad campaign: Our Gang comedies, 1922 - 1938 — Oct. 3, 2013
- Studio collagist Jacques Kapralik created the fabric of Hollywood ballyhoo — Sept. 10, 2013
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 5 - Sunday — July 21, 2013
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 3 - Friday — July 19, 2013
- Spot the Fake Titles Quiz: The New Batch — May 15, 2013