Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Oct. 22
Debajo del Cuero: shooting the motorcycle outlaws of Tijuana
A documentary about Tijuana's two-wheeled terrors, made in under 100 hours.
It sounds like the premise of a Vice short, but Debajo del Cuero (Underneath the Leather) – a documentary about Tijuana motorcycle club Sólo Ángeles – was written, produced, and directed by an independent team of filmmakers from northern Mexico as part of a competition to produce a short film within 100 hours.
“To assume the biker identity goes beyond owning a motorcycle and a vest,” the group writes on their Facobook page, “it is a commitment to a lifestyle [that] includes risks, stereotypes, adventure, but above all, solidarity and fraternity.”
Debajo del Cuero screens along with 4 other submissions on Thursday, September 12 starting at 8 p.m. at Cineteca Tijuana, CECUT (Paseo de los Héroes #9350, Zona Rio).
Early arrival recommended to ensure seating - Free.
Starring: Sólo Ángeles, Mad Max, Mario Loredo
Directed by: Gabriel Arvizu Rodríguez
Written by: Juan Antonio del Monte
Screenplay by: Gabriel Arvizu Rodríguez
Produced by: Nina Pizá, Mariel Miranda, Fernando Escamilla, Juan Antonio del Monte
More like this:
- Liquid Geometry: Galactic Reign tour lands in Tijuana, San Diego — Oct. 5, 2013
- Basura: San Pedro el Cortez screen documentary in Tijuana — Aug. 21, 2013
- Tijuana Bike Fest welcomed by Baja tourism secretary — June 13, 2013
- Buenasolasfest brings Baja's finest to the beach — May 28, 2013
- Labyrinth, Dirty Pretty Things, Mister Lonely — March 4, 2009