Django Stevens 4 p.m., April 16
Okay, it's not out until tomorrow, but I really really like the device in Frances Ha of having addresses serve as chapter headings, especially when your film is set in New York City.
Still, I'm not sure that even that is quite as awesome as having pub names serve as chapter headings in the pub-crawl/monster movie The World's End (from the folks who brought you Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz). What do you bet that none of these are exactly accidental? The boys must have had a ball coming up with these.
(You can click to enlarge, but those names are The First Post, The Old Familiar, The Famous Cock, The Cross Hands, The Good Companions, The Trusty Servant, The Two-Headed Dog, The Mermaid, The Beehive, The King's Head, The Hole in the Wall, and The World's End.)
More like this:
- "So you see, Dr. Jones, it really is a small world after all." — Dec. 10, 2013
- New releases opening this week: Short Term 12, some other stuff — Sept. 13, 2013
- Everyone complains about the weather... — July 31, 2013
- What is The Internship about? — June 5, 2013
- My Favorite Image from the Trailer for Tarantino's Django Unchained — June 7, 2012