Jay Allen Sanford 8 p.m., Nov. 25
Pac-Arts monthly Film Forum now open to non-members
For as long as I've known my pal, John Dacapias, he's been touting the virtues of Pac-Arts monthly Film Forum. The group, limited to a precious few, meets 12 times a year -- with pot luck in hand -- to screen a movie and talk about it.
That's about to change as the Film Forum is now going public. On May 28 at 6pm, the group will meet at Pac-Arts' headquarters, located at 2508 Historic Decatur Rd. in Liberty Station, to screen a still TBD Asian-American comedy. (I hope it's They Call Me Bruce.)
Admission is free to Pac-Arts members and $5 for non-members. There will be a group discussion led by Pac-Arts Artistic Director, Brian Hu, immediately following the screening. Bring food to share, and Pac-Arts will pop for the water and soda. Beer and wine is also available for a reasonable donation.
For reservations or more information, contact James@pac-arts.org.
More like this:
- Pac-Arts 3rd Annual Spring Showcase — April 18, 2013
- Pac-Arts Spring Showcase goes 'Linsane!' — April 1, 2013
- San Diego Asian Film Foundation becomes Pacific Arts Movement — Oct. 16, 2012
- Community/Labor forum blasts Prop 32 — Aug. 18, 2012
- Best of 2003: Best Local Filmmaker Forum — Dec. 25, 2003