Matt Potter 4:30 p.m., Dec. 6
Ashley Judd makes history!
First movie star not to survive the trailer
Never mind that Ashley Judd recently announced she won’t run for the Kentucky Senate seat. Her entire performance in Olympus Has Fallen is contained in the preview. Unless I'm mistaken, Judd is the first movie star in history not to survive the trailer.
For a time she was known as the "talented Judd." While mom and big sis warbled their twangy dreck, Ashley quietly appeared on the scene starring in Victor Nunez's stunning new beginning drama, Ruby in Paradise. (Why isn't this on DVD?)
Billy Friedkin's Bug was a strong reminder of Judd's initial appeal which had long since been irreparably overrun by victimized dames (Kiss The Girls, Double Jeopardy) and projects Sandra Bullock goofed on (Where the heart Is, Someone Like You...).
Now she's dispensed with even before the finished product hits theatre screens. Oh, the humanity!
More like this:
- Casting call: Headlock'd: The Bob Filner Story — Aug. 26, 2013
- Trailer Park: Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street — June 17, 2013
- Ashley Judd was not the first actor to die in a trailer! — April 22, 2013
- Review: David Riker's The Girl — March 12, 2013
- Consumer's guide to finding movie reviews in The Reader — March 1, 2013