Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Aug. 21
Hollywood comes to La Mesa with tribute to venerable character actor...I think
Who knew that the great Porter Hall, star of such legendary films as His Girl Friday, Sullivan's Travels, Double Indemnity, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Miracle on 34th Street, had a historic landmark named after him in La Mesa?
Calls to the La Mesa Chamber of Commerce regarding talk of holding next year's Oscar ceremony in East County or similar tributes to Monty and Huntz were not returned.
More like this:
- Don Bauder moonlighting at Kensington Video?! — Aug. 29, 2013
- Movies on the half-shell — June 10, 2013
- 2012 was a hard year in La Mesa — Dec. 27, 2012
- Opening This Week — Aug. 23, 2012
- San Diego Film Festival to Host Gus Van Sant Retrospective — June 14, 2012