Matt Potter 4:30 p.m., April 28
Hollywood comes to La Mesa with tribute to venerable character actor...I think
Who knew that the great Porter Hall, star of such legendary films as His Girl Friday, Sullivan's Travels, Double Indemnity, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Miracle on 34th Street, had a historic landmark named after him in La Mesa?
Calls to the La Mesa Chamber of Commerce regarding talk of holding next year's Oscar ceremony in East County or similar tributes to Monty and Huntz were not returned.
More like this:
- City of La Mesa's aged sewer system sends millions of gallons of raw sewage into bay and ocean — Jan. 22, 2013
- La Mesa reaffirms 2009 "Germane to The Operation of The City" Policy — Dec. 23, 2012
- Style profile: The goth girl — Dec. 6, 2012
- Questions for La Mesa City Council Candidates — Sept. 6, 2012
- La Mesa-Spring Valley School District Receives Negative Bond Rating From Moody's — June 7, 2012