Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., March 10
What a difference a Doris Day makes (especially when it's Jean Seberg)
The Huffington Post ran this picture under the headline, "Doris Day's Hat Makes our Day."
If that's Doris Day them I'm Rock and Baby Jane Hudson.
With all the money Arianna Huffington ran off with when she sold out to AOL you'd figure she could afford to hire a fact-checker.
Regular readers of HuffPo had their suspicions. "That's Elizabeth Taylor," LaSweetPoison wrote. "Look closely! " Pico1736 had another guess: "This is not Doris Day. Maybe Sandra Dee." I love Bill Lucy who added "Definitely Tippi Hedren, and not Doris Day. It's the cheeks."
When did America's favorite virgin ever smoke a cigarette? That's Jean Seberg, star of Breathless, Bonjour Tristesse, and an FBI COINTELPRO investigation that led to her eventual suicide at age 40.
What do I win?
More like this:
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 4 - Saturday — July 20, 2013
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 1 — July 17, 2013
- Hold that lion: a pictorial history of the MGM logo — June 27, 2013
- Review: 10 reasons why The Big Wedding was an offer DeNiro couldn't refuse — April 25, 2013
- Dig a hole: Conrad Bain — Jan. 16, 2013