Bart Mendoza 5 a.m., Dec. 8
What Oscar has joined together, let no exhibitor break asunder
The Lee Marvin double feature from hell!
First, Lee at his drunken, Oscar-winning laziest in Cat Ballou, followed by a slob-turn as the kaput baseball player (and only spark of life) in a well-intentioned garbage scow of a gabfest directed by the never more ambitious Stash Kramer.
From where I sit, Ship of Fools is a much richer source of amusement.
More like this:
- Don't forget this Sunday's Live Oscar Blog! — Feb. 20, 2013
- Oscars overlook ornithological excellence — Jan. 11, 2013
- Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan — Sept. 12, 2012
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Will Charlize Theron Get Oscar's Call? — June 18, 2012
- Orson Welles's Oscar for Citizen Kane Back on the Auction Block — Dec. 12, 2011