Ian Anderson 3 p.m., Sept. 25
Bob Hope as Grand Marshal of the Chula Vista Azalea Parade?
Idn't that wild?
In an unending quest to catalog every scrap of film and video footage that contains the effigy of Hope, I recently stumbled across this rarity.
Bob played golf with Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, but this was the first time he was named Grand Marshal of a parade. The reference to Chula Vista comes at 1:30 in this episode of the long forgotten Billy Crystal Hour.
He still interferes with my thought patterns on a daily basis. In analog times, Bob used to speak directly through my television monitor, but it's taking some time for him to adjust to digital technology. We now are forced to converse via an old crystal set that I keep hidden in the basement.
Hey, and speaking of an old Crystal, I asked Bob what he thought of Billy's last film. "Yeah, I caught Parental Guidance when it screened at Dante's Canto 13 Cineplex," came a familiar voice from the speaker. "Solid work. Solid! Am I the only one thinking that Bill is entering his I'll Take Sweden period?"
More like this:
- Walt Disney: satanic smut-peddler or Illuminati pimp? — Nov. 5, 2013
- Vista's Grand Marshal Fiddler — March 13, 2012
- Sunday Dinner And a Movie From Big!Lots — June 28, 2011
- 50 Historic San Diego Concerts 1917 – 2005 — May 18, 2008
- 50 Historic San Diego Concerts 1917 - 2005 — April 9, 2008