Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
When you wish upon a fish
Yesterday, I spent two hours of my life mocking up this ingenious poster for a fake remake of The Incredible Mr. Limpet starring Bob Filner. (The folks over at the Pulitzers have my forwarding address.)
In the eyes of many, Bob Filner will forever be looked upon as perverted bully. My mind envisions a cold-blooded cartoon aquatic vertebrate. It's the general direction my brain tends to gravitate in.
Be careful what you wish for.
A remake of the live-action/animation classic is in the works, with or without hizzoner's participation. Warner Brothers had expressed interest in director Richard Linklater. Could Jack Black be far behind? Guess not. Depending on who you Google, either barnacle Jim Carrey or lead balloon Zack Galifianakis could star in the role made famous by Don Knotts. I'm predicting a bigger tragedy than Filnergate.
In the original version, Limpet's wish of becoming a fish comes true and off he goes to fight the Nazis. Expect an updated CGI version to look something like a cross between Battleship and Flushed Away.
More like this:
- DVD/Cable TV Roundup 1971-2011 – a 12-pack of mini movie reviews — Sept. 17, 2013
- Casting call: Headlock'd: The Bob Filner Story — Aug. 26, 2013
- Another Filner accuser comes forward...honest! — Aug. 22, 2013
- Bob Filner offered role in upcoming Sea World film project — July 29, 2013
- Sloppy Moe to testify against Mayor Filner — July 11, 2013